Need help urgently!!!!!!!

Old Apr 3rd 2010, 1:27 pm
Forum Regular

noolan has a brilliant futurenoolan has a brilliant futurenoolan has a brilliant futurenoolan has a brilliant futurenoolan has a brilliant futurenoolan has a brilliant future
Default Need help urgently!!!!!!!

Hi all,

I need help!!!!! I am a permanent resident currently in Canada. got married in January this year. My wife is Hong kong passprt holder who studied for 8 years in UK. She is visiting me next week for 2 months( she has graduation ceremony in july in UK). She doesn't need visa to come to Canada. Do i need to send her anything ( like a letter mentioning that she will stay with me and i will be financing her stay here.......bank statements .....etc...etc...)or what she is gonna say to the immigration people in the airport? will there be any problem if she says that she is visiting her husband? I am going to sponsor her for permanent residency later in Aug/September....

Thanks for all your help in advance....
Old Apr 3rd 2010, 4:19 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need help urgently!!!!!!!

Hi

Originally Posted by noolan
Hi all,

I need help!!!!! I am a permanent resident currently in Canada. got married in January this year. My wife is Hong kong passprt holder who studied for 8 years in UK. She is visiting me next week for 2 months( she has graduation ceremony in july in UK). She doesn't need visa to come to Canada. Do i need to send her anything ( like a letter mentioning that she will stay with me and i will be financing her stay here.......bank statements .....etc...etc...)or what she is gonna say to the immigration people in the airport? will there be any problem if she says that she is visiting her husband? I am going to sponsor her for permanent residency later in Aug/September....

She should only mention that she is visiting her spouse if she is asked. She is coming as visitor and she should carry some proof that she can support her visit and a return ticket.
Old Apr 3rd 2010, 5:23 pm
Forum Regular

noolan has a brilliant futurenoolan has a brilliant futurenoolan has a brilliant futurenoolan has a brilliant futurenoolan has a brilliant futurenoolan has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

She should only mention that she is visiting her spouse if she is asked. She is coming as visitor and she should carry some proof that she can support her visit and a return ticket.
Thanks PMM... you are always great and helpful.......Do I need to send her my PR card, Passport and bank statements copies....?
Old Apr 4th 2010, 2:26 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Thanks PMM... you are always great and helpful.......Do I need to send her my PR card, Passport and bank statements copies....?
No, If they have doubts of who she is visiting (it is actually doubtful that she would be sent to secondary) they will phone you from the POE to determine whether you know her or not.
Old Apr 5th 2010, 1:51 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

No, If they have doubts of who she is visiting (it is actually doubtful that she would be sent to secondary) they will phone you from the POE to determine whether you know her or not.
Thanks PMM.
Old Apr 5th 2010, 2:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute

Personally I think that if she says she is visiting her husband, they may assume she has no intent to leave and is skirting the immigration process and possibly give her a hassle. You never know with immigration people. I could be wrong.
Old Apr 5th 2010, 6:13 am
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

At the very least she'll need to know your address to write on the landing card during the flight, and a phone number to contact you. I'd suggest that if you could actually fly over to her and come back on the same flight as her she'd find it easier to pass through immigration. If you cannot do that, then at least be inside the airport for her arrival so that if immigration do call your number you're there to assist them.
Old Apr 19th 2010, 12:02 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for all your comments. She was just asked about my D.O.B and my full name. The officer checked it on his system and let her go without asking anything else. She was given 6 months entry till october. As mentioned earlier, we are planning to apply for permanent residency later this year.

noolan
Old Apr 19th 2010, 1:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for all your comments. She was just asked about my D.O.B and my full name. The officer checked it on his system and let her go without asking anything else. She was given 6 months entry till october. As mentioned earlier, we are planning to apply for permanent residency later this year.

noolan
Good stuff.
Old Apr 21st 2010, 6:12 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by dakota44
Good stuff.
Thanks
Old Apr 21st 2010, 8:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

raymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to all

noolan
Congratulations.....

Ray
Old Apr 22nd 2010, 3:06 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Raymasa!!!!