Need Help please!

Old Oct 20th 2001, 12:13 pm
Just Joined

Canada is an unknown quantity at this point

hi people!
i would like to know few things about staying in Canada:
1) if i come to Canada as tourist and staying there and not coming back to my country- is there any possibility that Canadian goverment wont kick me out of the country? and after few years to apply for citizenship? so what can happen to me if i stay there and not going back? is it possible for me to stay there?
2) after how many years student in Canadian University can apply for citizenship or at least permanent residence?
3) if person gets land permission- can his wife get same permission automatically too? or if person gets permanent residence persmission is his wife gets it too?
thanks in advance
Old Oct 20th 2001, 10:54 pm
Webimmigration.Com

Hi:

In reply:

1. If you remain in Canada without status, you are considered to be illegally in the
country. If Citizenship and Immigration Canada find out that you are illegally in
the country, they will issue you a removal order. If you do not comply with the
removal order, they will take steps to deport you. You may be held in custody
pending the deportation order. You will not qualify for Citizenship.

2. . The rule requires that you are physically present in Canada for 1,095 days in a
four year period. Each day that you reside in Canada prior to obtaining permanent
residence status will be counted as one half-day. For example, if you have spend
two years in Canada prior to landing, you will be credited with one year of
residence.

3. A principal applicant's spouse will also qualify for immigration, if the
principal applicant qualifies. If the dependent spouse is rendered inadmissible,
the principal applicant will also be rendered inadmissible.

Yours truly, Ingrid Y. Chen, B.A., LL.B.

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >