Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Need help! Don't know where to turn

Need help! Don't know where to turn

Old Nov 9th 2012, 6:40 am
Just Joined

Mrs.Fernandez is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Need help! Don't know where to turn

I am a Canadian citizen and my husband of four years is Mexican, we have been together for almost 6 years.. Jumping through government hoops the whole time, we have a 3 year old daughter together and we love each other so much.

Almost 6 months ago my government asked him to leave pending a decision on our HRC application aswell as our spousal sponsorship application. It was been a long hard journey with the government this far, and now I can't get an answer from anyone as to how long I will be waiting to get my hubby home (if we get approved) I don't make a lot of money but I love him dearly and our daughter misses him more than anyone could imagine everyday on Skype she will tell her daddy to come home because she wants to be a family again.

I have looked into the government websites but found no help or answers that really apply to our situation. We just want to live our lives together and as it seems my government won't support our family thus far by allowing us to be together and making us fight just to be together and I'm loosing hope that my government will allow us to be a family again but they bring thousands of immigrants each year.. But they couldn't just let us be? Let us put in our paperwork and leave us be so we can go on to worrying about bills and not wanting to go to work but going anyway...

As it would seem I am ranting but I am looking for help. If anyone can help us at all please let me know, we want to be together again our daughter wants her daddy, any information or names if people that can help would be appreciated beyond belief
Old Nov 9th 2012, 6:54 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need help! Don't know where to turn

Hi and welcome to BE.

I am sorry to read about your situation.

I'm afraid I can't help as I am in the US and don't have any experience regarding your situation, but I have moved your thread to our Canada forum for you and hopefully someone will be along soon who can shares some thoughts.
Old Nov 9th 2012, 6:57 am
Just Joined

Thank you.. I'm trying everything I can think of to try and find someone who can help but so far nothing but I'm hoping soon I will
Old Nov 9th 2012, 7:02 am
Forum Regular

JakeCanada is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mrs.Fernandez
I am a Canadian citizen and my husband of four years is Mexican, we have been together for almost 6 years.. Jumping through government hoops the whole time, we have a 3 year old daughter together and we love each other so much.

Almost 6 months ago my government asked him to leave pending a decision on our HRC application aswell as our spousal sponsorship application. It was been a long hard journey with the government this far, and now I can't get an answer from anyone as to how long I will be waiting to get my hubby home (if we get approved) I don't make a lot of money but I love him dearly and our daughter misses him more than anyone could imagine everyday on Skype she will tell her daddy to come home because she wants to be a family again.

I have looked into the government websites but found no help or answers that really apply to our situation. We just want to live our lives together and as it seems my government won't support our family thus far by allowing us to be together and making us fight just to be together and I'm loosing hope that my government will allow us to be a family again but they bring thousands of immigrants each year.. But they couldn't just let us be? Let us put in our paperwork and leave us be so we can go on to worrying about bills and not wanting to go to work but going anyway...

As it would seem I am ranting but I am looking for help. If anyone can help us at all please let me know, we want to be together again our daughter wants her daddy, any information or names if people that can help would be appreciated beyond belief
It sounds like all you can do is just wait for them to make a decision. If you are married and he hasn't been working illegally or stayed over his visas or anything to pee them off then you have nowt to worry about. Just wait it out.
Old Nov 9th 2012, 7:06 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, and welcome to BE.

Sorry to hear about your situation, but hopefully it will soon be resolved.

When did you apply for spousal sponsorship, and which visa office did you apply through?

If you've only applied recently, then what visa has your husband been on up til now?
Old Nov 9th 2012, 7:07 am
Just Joined

Waiting with uncertainty of when I will get to see my husband in person again has been the hardest and most painful thing I have had to endure my entire life and that is why I'm looking for more, I know there is probably nothing else but wait, but I need to try and find another way
Old Nov 9th 2012, 7:13 am
Just Joined

I would say we applied for spousal sponsorship about a year ago and my husband was working on a refugee claimant work visa, when he was refused refugee claim to stay, our lawyer had us apply for PRRA and that was rejected, our lawyer then had us apply for HRA and they are the ones who had my husband leave while they process our paperwork. My husband is a good hard working honest man who has never gotten so much as a parking ticket while in Canada, if nothing else he deserves to be in Canada
Old Nov 9th 2012, 7:15 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

I would say we applied for spousal sponsorship about a year ago and my husband was working on a refugee claimant work visa, when he was refused refugee claim to stay, our lawyer had us apply for PRRA and that was rejected, our lawyer then had us apply for HRA and they are the ones who had my husband leave while they process our paperwork. My husband is a good hard working honest man who has never gotten so much as a parking ticket while in Canada, if nothing else he deserves to be in Canada
Which visa office did you apply through? Hopefully if you applied a year ago, PR should be imminent.

But how long has he been in Canada and what visa has he been on during that time?

If you've got a good lawyer on the case, then tbh there's not going to be anything we can suggest that s/he hasn't already, so it is probably just a case of waiting it out I'm afraid - and of course, visiting him in Mexico in the interim if you wish.
Old Nov 9th 2012, 7:22 am
Just Joined

We have been together for going on 6 years in. Few months and we met a month after he arrived in Canada I'm not sure which visa he was working on sadly. He and our lawyer always took care of the visa situation , and as far as the office we applied through I am not sure as my lawyer sent everything in all we did is give him the information needed
Old Nov 9th 2012, 7:39 am
SUPER MODERATOR

We have been together for going on 6 years in. Few months and we met a month after he arrived in Canada I'm not sure which visa he was working on sadly. He and our lawyer always took care of the visa situation , and as far as the office we applied through I am not sure as my lawyer sent everything in all we did is give him the information needed
OK, so as long as he wasn't working without a visa, or in Canada illegally, then you should be fine. Not a lot you can do other than wait unfortunately, but hope you hear something soon.

Best of luck.
Old Nov 9th 2012, 8:37 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
OK, so as long as he wasn't working without a visa, or in Canada illegally, then you should be fine. Not a lot you can do other than wait unfortunately, but hope you hear something soon.

Best of luck.
1. Probably not. If he was refused Refugee status, then his departure notice after 30 days became a deemed deportation order as he waited for the results of the PRRA. So he is going to have to apply for an Authorization to Return to Canada (ARC) and pay the fees.
2. It would also appear from the OP's post that the application was "In Canada", and as he has been removed, then that application is no longer valid. If that is the case, she will have to submit a new "out of Canada" application if the H.& C. application is negative.
Old Nov 9th 2012, 8:39 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by PMM
2. It would also appear from the OP's post that the application was "In Canada", and as he has been removed, then that application is no longer valid. If that is the case, she will have to submit a new "out of Canada" application if the H.& C. application is negative.
That's why I was trying to establish where they'd applied via, but not sure she said?
Old Nov 9th 2012, 11:44 am
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
That's why I was trying to establish where they'd applied via, but not sure she said?
I guess she didnt need to say as PMM has been able to advise based on the information she has provided, ie that unfortunately it does not appear a straight forward application

To the OP, good luck with the application, I hope it all works out for you