NEED ADVICE ON WORKING PERMITS

Old May 17th 2009, 8:40 pm
Forum Regular

thevicksta is on a distinguished road
Default NEED ADVICE ON WORKING PERMITS

hi i need to pick somebody's brains, i've been talking to a friend and he said that i can go over to canada to work on my boyfriends working permit and go through his lmo, now i'm not sure how it works? At the moment i'm going through the job offer, lmo,immigration, work permit, then to canada. but not sure if i can get in on boyfriends work permit. can somebody please help me clarify this?

thanks
Old May 17th 2009, 9:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

kmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to all
Default Re: NEED ADVICE ON WORKING PERMITS

Hi,

i am main applicant for us i have applied for a TWP, we have filled in the same paperwork for my OH and on his application where it asked about the job, we just put spousal open work permit on it.

i have a job and positive LMO, so i am presuming your friend means the way we have done it.

hope this helps?

kae

Originally Posted by thevicksta
hi i need to pick somebody's brains, i've been talking to a friend and he said that i can go over to canada to work on my boyfriends working permit and go through his lmo, now i'm not sure how it works? At the moment i'm going through the job offer, lmo,immigration, work permit, then to canada. but not sure if i can get in on boyfriends work permit. can somebody please help me clarify this?

thanks
Old May 17th 2009, 9:12 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

thanks
Only if you are a common/law couple and have been for at least year. If so and you can prove it, then you would be eligible for an Open work permit, if the BF job was a skilled job in NOC A,B or O.
Old May 18th 2009, 11:48 am
Forum Regular

thanks for you help very use ful, but the only thing we didn't live together had our own house so how would i get round that. i'm going to phone the alberta govement and get some advice too.

thanks
Old May 18th 2009, 4:10 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for you help very use ful, but the only thing we didn't live together had our own house so how would i get round that. i'm going to phone the alberta govement and get some advice too.

thanks
If you didn't live together then you won't qualify I'm afraid. You have to have lived together for a minimum of a year, and sign a declaration to that effect. You may also have to provide proof i.e. utility bills in both names, mortgage or rental agreement in both names, joint insurance, etc.

If you are not married, and have not lived together for one year or more, then you cannot go with him on his work permit so will need to qualify under your own merits and get your own visa. Either that or marry him pretty damn quick!!

Good luck.
Old May 18th 2009, 4:14 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Just to add that I've just seen that he moved over to Canada 6 months ago?

So even if you had lived together, you wouldn't qualify as you've been separated for too long to go on his visa now, and he presumably didn't declare you on his original application.

So definitely not eligible even if you had lived as common-law partners.

Out of interest, how old are you? Is Bunac an option?

Old May 19th 2009, 2:36 pm
Forum Regular

thanks for the response, we thought this would be the case just needed to be sure, i'm 35 so that's not opition for me, i'll have to go in the normal route.

Had my job offer so just waiting on the next step, just wondered how long all this takes my OH's only took 4 months or so his was pretty straight forward.

it's the waiting, i've visited 3 times this yr alone and just can't wait to be part of edmonton. so me and OH can have a new life.

thanks for replies