Need advice (Andrew Miller)

Old Sep 9th 2006, 12:32 am
Just Joined

epalmenco is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Need advice (Andrew Miller)

Hello to everyone.

I have a bit of a situation and I'm gonna need your advice. We submitted our application last dec 2001 and for almost 5 years have been dormant and my latest information about my application that it will be processed on 2008 due to the rasolzadeh case. Upon knowing that it would take that long to process my application, my wife and I decided to have another option "New Zealand". To keep the story short, after processing my papers for more than a year, I am happy to say that we are almost finished with my application with NZ and am just waiting for our passport to be returned. Now it gets complicated, yesterday someone from CIC called my wife and informed her that we have a schedule for interview on November 2, 2006, but we maybe no longer here in the Philippines by that time. We still want to process our application and since it is not 100% sure that we will be granted visa since we still have to go thru the interview and medical, we must travel to NZ to comply with some criteria. We were granted a 6 months WTR (Work to Residence) visa and I need to get a job that is related to my qualifications to be given my residence visa. Will it be possible to transfer my papers from the Philippines to New Zeland and have the interview there and process it there? Are there How long will it take after the interview to receive your visa? Need you advice...

Regards

Elmer
Old Sep 9th 2006, 1:38 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Need advice (Andrew Miller)

You may ask for transfer of file to Sydney (Australia) but such request may not be granted for your reasons. And if granted you will still have to travel to Sydney (it means getting Australian visa, which for this reason may be denied).

Originally Posted by epalmenco
Hello to everyone.

I have a bit of a situation and I'm gonna need your advice. We submitted our application last dec 2001 and for almost 5 years have been dormant and my latest information about my application that it will be processed on 2008 due to the rasolzadeh case. Upon knowing that it would take that long to process my application, my wife and I decided to have another option "New Zealand". To keep the story short, after processing my papers for more than a year, I am happy to say that we are almost finished with my application with NZ and am just waiting for our passport to be returned. Now it gets complicated, yesterday someone from CIC called my wife and informed her that we have a schedule for interview on November 2, 2006, but we maybe no longer here in the Philippines by that time. We still want to process our application and since it is not 100% sure that we will be granted visa since we still have to go thru the interview and medical, we must travel to NZ to comply with some criteria. We were granted a 6 months WTR (Work to Residence) visa and I need to get a job that is related to my qualifications to be given my residence visa. Will it be possible to transfer my papers from the Philippines to New Zeland and have the interview there and process it there? Are there How long will it take after the interview to receive your visa? Need you advice...

Regards

Elmer
Old Sep 9th 2006, 1:43 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need advice (Andrew Miller)

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
You may ask for transfer of file to Sydney (Australia) but such request may not be granted for your reasons. And if granted you will still have to travel to Sydney (it means getting Australian visa, which for this reason may be denied).
Don't CIC Sydney (Australia) officers travel to New Zealand from time to time to conduct interviews?

But why should the original poster want to transfer the file in the first place?