Need Advice

Old Aug 3rd 2004, 2:59 pm
Forum Regular

Cookie Munster is on a distinguished road
Default Need Advice

We recieved a letter from BUF for my wifes ROL fees and medicals after i added her to my app

She does not want to move to Canada but i would still like to complete my PR process. I know she has to get the medicals done regardless but is ther a way to get around the ROL fees?

Can i not pay it and wait till they request it again with PP and just send my PP for stamping (assuming the medicals get approved)

Any advice?
Old Aug 3rd 2004, 3:42 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Need Advice

You won't get passport request without having paid all RPRF first.

If you decide to make your wife as non-accompanying spouse (to avoid paying RPRF) then your true intentions of using Canada as a backup plan or a stepping stone to US will come to light and your application may be refused.

Originally posted by Cookie Munster
We recieved a letter from BUF for my wifes ROL fees and medicals after i added her to my app

She does not want to move to Canada but i would still like to complete my PR process. I know she has to get the medicals done regardless but is ther a way to get around the ROL fees?

Can i not pay it and wait till they request it again with PP and just send my PP for stamping (assuming the medicals get approved)

Any advice?
Old Aug 3rd 2004, 4:17 pm
Forum Regular

Cookie Munster is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Need Advice

Is it true the the RPRF is refundable?

Say we did pay her RPRF, and were issued visas and she not land just me, would we be able to get her RPRF amount back?

------

Originally posted by Andrew Miller
You won't get passport request without having paid all RPRF first.

If you decide to make your wife as non-accompanying spouse (to avoid paying RPRF) then your true intentions of using Canada as a backup plan or a stepping stone to US will come to light and your application may be refused.