British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Nearly a week now (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/nearly-week-now-462527/)

Suzyanne Jun 30th 2007 1:55 pm

Nearly a week now

Well it's been a while since I posted due to everything happening so fast at the end of the 30 mth wait for PPR.

We flew out to Calgary on the 24th June and so far the experience has been very positive. Immigration was smooth, they were great with the girls lots of Canadian stickers won them over, it took longer to get the rental than processing our paperwork. Didn't need to worry like I did about the paperwork for goods accompanying and goods to follow.

Fingers crossed looks like Hubby may have job, find out next week. Have got Social Insurance Numbers, pre approved for mortgage, bought a car and have been house hunting, now narrowed it down to two will be making an offer after Canada Day.

Just want to say a Big Thank You to everyone who offered advice it's a great source of information.

Suzyanne :thumbsup:

Canaway Jun 30th 2007 2:14 pm

Re: Nearly a week now

CONGRATS Suzyanne

happy for you :thumbsup:

Good luck
Canaway

fuschiagirl Jun 30th 2007 5:04 pm

Well done - sounds as though everything is going really smoothly:D:)

Good luck for the house purchase - enjoy your first Canada Day:)

You can change your location now - lucky you;)

Joanne

bunnett Jul 1st 2007 8:20 pm

Originally Posted by Suzyanne (Post 4990048)
Well it's been a while since I posted due to everything happening so fast at the end of the 30 mth wait for PPR.

We flew out to Calgary on the 24th June and so far the experience has been very positive. Immigration was smooth, they were great with the girls lots of Canadian stickers won them over, it took longer to get the rental than processing our paperwork. Didn't need to worry like I did about the paperwork for goods accompanying and goods to follow.

Fingers crossed looks like Hubby may have job, find out next week. Have got Social Insurance Numbers, pre approved for mortgage, bought a car and have been house hunting, now narrowed it down to two will be making an offer after Canada Day.

Just want to say a Big Thank You to everyone who offered advice it's a great source of information.

Suzyanne :thumbsup:

Suzyanne

Glad all went well for you and your family. Good luck for your hubby in getting the job.

We went over last week and my hubby also got a job. We also got bank account opened, mortgage set up and real estate man in waiting for the go ahead.

Now we just need the visas.

Sharon

Member123 Jul 2nd 2007 2:53 pm

It all sounds very positive for you Suzyanne - I'm really pleased everything went without a hitch. You obviously had no problems getting a mortage while just having moved to the country. This is something me and OH have been wondering about - how easy a process this is etc?
Good luck deciding on your new home.
Alison.:thumbup: