Nearly a week now

Old Jun 30th 2007, 1:55 pm
Suzy Q

Suzyanne has much to be proud ofSuzyanne has much to be proud ofSuzyanne has much to be proud ofSuzyanne has much to be proud ofSuzyanne has much to be proud ofSuzyanne has much to be proud ofSuzyanne has much to be proud ofSuzyanne has much to be proud ofSuzyanne has much to be proud ofSuzyanne has much to be proud ofSuzyanne has much to be proud of
Default Nearly a week now

Well it's been a while since I posted due to everything happening so fast at the end of the 30 mth wait for PPR.

We flew out to Calgary on the 24th June and so far the experience has been very positive. Immigration was smooth, they were great with the girls lots of Canadian stickers won them over, it took longer to get the rental than processing our paperwork. Didn't need to worry like I did about the paperwork for goods accompanying and goods to follow.

Fingers crossed looks like Hubby may have job, find out next week. Have got Social Insurance Numbers, pre approved for mortgage, bought a car and have been house hunting, now narrowed it down to two will be making an offer after Canada Day.

Just want to say a Big Thank You to everyone who offered advice it's a great source of information.

Suzyanne
Old Jun 30th 2007, 2:14 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Dubai, soon will be in Toronto, afterwards... who know?!
Canaway is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nearly a week now

CONGRATS Suzyanne

happy for you

Good luck
Canaway
Old Jun 30th 2007, 5:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

fuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond repute

Well done - sounds as though everything is going really smoothly

Good luck for the house purchase - enjoy your first Canada Day

You can change your location now - lucky you

Joanne
Old Jul 1st 2007, 8:20 pm
Forum Regular

bunnett is a jewel in the roughbunnett is a jewel in the roughbunnett is a jewel in the roughbunnett is a jewel in the roughbunnett is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Suzyanne
Well it's been a while since I posted due to everything happening so fast at the end of the 30 mth wait for PPR.

We flew out to Calgary on the 24th June and so far the experience has been very positive. Immigration was smooth, they were great with the girls lots of Canadian stickers won them over, it took longer to get the rental than processing our paperwork. Didn't need to worry like I did about the paperwork for goods accompanying and goods to follow.

Fingers crossed looks like Hubby may have job, find out next week. Have got Social Insurance Numbers, pre approved for mortgage, bought a car and have been house hunting, now narrowed it down to two will be making an offer after Canada Day.

Just want to say a Big Thank You to everyone who offered advice it's a great source of information.

Suzyanne
Suzyanne

Glad all went well for you and your family. Good luck for your hubby in getting the job.

We went over last week and my hubby also got a job. We also got bank account opened, mortgage set up and real estate man in waiting for the go ahead.

Now we just need the visas.

Sharon
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 2:53 pm

Member123 is an unknown quantity at this point

It all sounds very positive for you Suzyanne - I'm really pleased everything went without a hitch. You obviously had no problems getting a mortage while just having moved to the country. This is something me and OH have been wondering about - how easy a process this is etc?
Good luck deciding on your new home.
Alison.