Name Change, PR and travel Panic

Old Aug 29th 2019, 11:52 pm
Pondering a career change

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Name Change, PR and travel Panic

In typical fashion the government website is not very helpful. I decided to do a name change (won't go into the long story why) but did all the necessary things in BC and was advised it was a 6 week turn around. Assumed in 6 weeks I can send off to change PR card etc at that point. Then get a letter yesterday saying they have already processed it and a name change certificate will come separately in a few days.

Myself and my wife fly to salt lake city on September 10th so no way I can apply and get a new card in that time. We looked at a permanent resident travel document but that needs to be applied for outside of Canada and then sent to LA Vac it NYC vac but we are only away for a week so not sure that would work.

I was wondering will the BC Government notify federal government regards the name change? They did give me when I applied a list of bodies to contact ref the change. In theory could I travel with current passport and PR card take the name change certificate and if stopped about it explain the situation? Don't want to miss out on the vacation because of the squeak wheels of government where too quick
Old Aug 30th 2019, 12:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Name Change, PR and travel Panic

As long as the passport and PR card has the same name as the booking for the flight then I don't see a problem.
Old Aug 30th 2019, 1:04 am
Pondering a career change

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Name Change, PR and travel Panic

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
As long as the passport and PR card has the same name as the booking for the flight then I don't see a problem.
Thanks for the shift reply Former Lancastrian it's very much appreciated. Yes passport, PR card and flight are all in my former name