My Success in Canada

Old Sep 23rd 2006, 3:18 pm
Just Joined

vishwanath is an unknown quantity at this point
Default My Success in Canada

I moved to Toronto last year. I had no relative or nobody to help me! My first concern was to find a home as I get from the plane at the Pearson airport. I thank this forum which has helped me in this regard. I read a thread by a gentleman (R.K). I contacted the person and asked him how will he help me? He informed that he is a realtor with Coldwell Banker Real Estate. After a series of e-mail, i gave him my flight number and timing.

To my surprise, I was greeted by a nice person (look like a professional) who was holding a sign with my name on it. We shook hands and first thing he said- Welcome to your new Home! that was so soothing and reduced my anxiety to minimum. My family was exhausted wth long travel and anxiety to come to a unfamiliar place. He helped us with the luggage and we were seated in the nice cozy volvo wagon. Felt like a dream.

He stopped at a 'Tim Horton' and there we had our first canadian drink. He brought us to a nice Banglow style house in Brampton (I selected the location before coming to canada on his advice). The house was vacant. I felt in love with the house at first sight. The Home owner (Alex) greeted us and offered us any help. We were invited to the dinner with home owner who was also our neighbour. During dinner we discussed rental terms and conditions prepared by R.K (which I later found were very generous and justified). We signed lease of the home.

I found job of my choice as CAD designer within a month in Brampton (nice advice by R.K). I had a wonderful starting- nice home, low rent, nice job and no hassle. I never expected that. As our gratitude, We paid R.K for his services a nominal amount of CAD 400. I saved money and was ready to put downpayment for my own home within 9 months. I contacted R.K, who is now my friend. He found us the best semi-detached home with a nice patio and land-scaped frontal lawn. We moved in last month. I still remember my first contact with R.K which has enabled us to be in canada with so many happinesses and the transition was so smooth.

Please share your story with me if you have any. If you are coming to canada especially GTA, and have worries, Let me know I will be more than happy to share my experience. Also I have a wonderful resource R.K who can always help. wish you good luck and Happy Landing.
Old Sep 24th 2006, 2:22 am
Forum Regular

fatdoc is a jewel in the roughfatdoc is a jewel in the roughfatdoc is a jewel in the roughfatdoc is a jewel in the roughfatdoc is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: My Success in Canada

thanks for sharing your story. it was a pleasure to read.
Old Sep 24th 2006, 6:41 am
Just Joined

fomar is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for sharing your story.
Can you tell us how could we reach R.K? It will be nice if you give us his contact information.
Old Sep 24th 2006, 10:51 am
Just Joined

vishwanath is an unknown quantity at this point

R.K contact E-mail:

[email protected]

I am unable to give the Phone no. as this is the public forum. Pls send him an e-mail and ask him further details. He is readily available through e-mail as I found when I e-mailed him for first time.

Regards