Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

My son went thru repeat Medicals (He has Down Syndrome). Is there any Hope !!!!!!!!!

My son went thru repeat Medicals (He has Down Syndrome). Is there any Hope !!!!!!!!!

Old Jan 12th 2010, 3:55 pm
Just Joined

Ramesch is an unknown quantity at this point
Default My son went thru repeat Medicals (He has Down Syndrome). Is there any Hope !!!!!!!!!

Hello all Seniors!

My 6 months old son has Down syndrome. He went thru medicals on 24th Nov. Repeat medical call for him was received on 31st Dec for paediatric assessment to further access the case. Accordingly, he went thru repeat medicals at Private consultant but c/o DMP.

Earlier, our family physician and Paediatrician given us in writing about the health status of my son and asked to show it to DMP and the private consultant for their understanding. He wrote that, ''So Far, baby has no cardiac, gastrointestinal, Thyroid type problems. He has no hearing or vision problems. His weight is equal to normal child of his age. He is under very good nursing care of his mother. Though a case of DS, but he does not need any extra medical treatment or care at this time''. I carried with me Chromosome report, Thyroid profile and Echocardiogram reports as well for ready reference.

DMP of CIC physically checked my son (earlier he was checked by his assistant lady doctor). I shown him all the reports related to my son and the letter from Paediatrician as Well. He asked me to give copies of all reports and Paediatrician's letter to him as he will attach them all with his comments in the final report.

Then we went to Consultant Paed. refereed by DMP. He physically analyzed my son, seen all reports and discussed the case. He also wrote that, ''at this stage, my son has no cardiac, or other problems and muscle tone is normal. And he does not need any extra medical treatment at this stage. He has DS''.

Moreover, DMP said that, Medical deptt. Of CIC has given my son a favour / chance by asking for repeat medicals, otherwise they flatly regret these cases. Either it is a correct statement of DMP or not?

Now my questions are:

1. Is there any positive hope in the light of above statements of both paediatricians and Medical tests (As My son is only 6 months old now)?

2. What is the fairness letter? What it is about? Is it a type pf printed form provided by CIC? Or we have to give in writing a statement on a plain paper?

3. What i understand is, If my case is unsuccessful than, i''ll write a fairness letter to CIC. Will than my son is eligible for regular amount of health funding (i.e., CAD 5400 per year)? And I have to pay for all the extra expenses of my son (medical or social services)?

4. Does medical insurance will cover the extra cost for my son?

Kindly accept my deep regards in advance.
Old Jan 12th 2010, 6:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

debbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: My son went thru repeat Medicals (He has Down Syndrome). Is there any Hope !!!!!!

see PMM's response on the other thread (duplicate q). The link he posted gives you all the information you need to know about the medical review process.

I do understand how desperate you are, and how keen to get a positive response, but there really is no-one here who will be able to tell you whether your son will be given pr or not. You must wait for your fairness letter and appeal with additional information or mitigating funds/ support provision as stated previously, and wait for their final decision.

Can I just say though, I'm very impressed that you were asked for additional info so quickly - we have been waiting since August!

Last edited by debbiem; Jan 12th 2010 at 6:51 pm.