Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

My Misses is having doubts now.......Help!!

My Misses is having doubts now.......Help!!

Old Jan 24th 2005, 9:05 pm
Zeusmoose

Default Re: My Misses is having doubts now.......Help!!

I go through the exact same things as your 'Misses', and if I am on a bad week and read on here from people that are coming back it does me no good at all..........But, reading from all the people that are positive and give out a lot of support is good too. And I like the bit someone has put about the people being too busy enjoying their Canadian lives to be looking on here! That really made me smile

We got our aor eight months ago (seems like a lifetime already!), and have been putting off using our savings for a holiday until now, when we know that it would be a great idea to go. A must in fact. We are hoping to go in May/June time and when I am not looking on here on my days off, I am trying to find the best flight/hotel deals, and looking on the Immigration site etc!

It's hard when your life is 'on hold'. Our son is nine and we wanted to move before he starts Secondary School as it may be harder for him to leave then. Hopefully it will all be worth it in the end. I have found this site and the people on it a brilliant support.

Take care, hope it all works out for you and your family.

Debbie.

Old Jan 25th 2005, 1:16 am
Premium Member

Tiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Gooding,

I am not sure how much money they deem you to have, but we received our Study Permits within a matter of a few days from applying. Not sure if it is based purely on finances or not. I think you do have to prove that you have enough money to live on whilst in Canada on Study Permits but I do not know if there is a set figure.

Husband's course is $17,500 p.a. and for young daughter to attend (regular) school is $9,000 p.a. Seems damn expensive to me, especially considering we already pay school taxes here!

We sold our property in the UK ages ago and have the assets playing around on the Stock Market in the US right now. This didn't appear to be an issue when they gave us the Permits.

Pony arrived safe and sound and has settled in really well. I am SOOOO glad we brought her. Here is a picture of her about 10 minutes after she arrived from her Quarantine in the USA. (She is the little grey one.)

Old Jan 25th 2005, 1:28 am
Forum Regular

viperrt10 is an unknown quantity at this point

Weener,

I know where you're coming from buddy, but 12 months wait is not all that long considering how long you need to wait for emigrating to some other countries like the United States (try 5-6 years for a skilled worker). Don't worry you will get good news very soon!

I agree that reading certain threads makes one question their decision, but let me tell you that most people who are well settled and have jobs don't normally have the time or need to post on these forums! I can guarantee you that for every person with a bad experience there are at least 10 with great experiences.

Be positive! Don't believe everything that you read here. Everyone has a different experience. You'll never know till you try.
Old Jan 25th 2005, 1:50 am
keep checking....

mhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to all

Originally Posted by viperrt10
Weener,

I know where you're coming from buddy, but 12 months wait is not all that long considering how long you need to wait for emigrating to some other countries like the United States (try 5-6 years for a skilled worker). Don't worry you will get good news very soon!

I agree that reading certain threads makes one question their decision, but let me tell you that most people who are well settled and have jobs don't normally have the time or need to post on these forums! I can guarantee you that for every person with a bad experience there are at least 10 with great experiences.

Be positive! Don't believe everything that you read here. Everyone has a different experience. You'll never know till you try.
I agree,

They really do exist and used to be very busy in this forum until they got too busy enjoying Canada

Many names come to mind like yogi799, nervous wreck, royboy, MissingCanada, MadHatters, Wib, Redwings, Rhodes, .... and many many more
Old Jan 25th 2005, 3:09 am
Premium Member

Tiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by mhhp
I agree,

They really do exist and used to be very busy in this forum until they got too busy enjoying Canada

Many names come to mind like yogi799, nervous wreck, royboy, MissingCanada, MadHatters, Wib, Redwings, Rhodes, .... and many many more
Crocodile Bill, Alex and Bob, ACL, LadyTyger ............ I still come on though!
Old Jan 25th 2005, 6:44 am
Here and happy at last

gooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant future

[QUOTE=Tiaribbon]Hi Gooding,
Thanks for picture, horses frighten me but I WANT HER!!!!!!!! she's lovely, glad she arrived safe and sound and am sure she'll love Canada and your farm.

Pony arrived safe and sound and has settled in really well. I am SOOOO glad we brought her. Here is a picture of her about 10 minutes after she arrived from her Quarantine in the USA. (She is the little grey one.)
Old Jan 25th 2005, 11:15 am
Premium Member

[QUOTE=gooding]
Originally Posted by Tiaribbon
Hi Gooding,
Thanks for picture, horses frighten me but I WANT HER!!!!!!!! she's lovely, glad she arrived safe and sound and am sure she'll love Canada and your farm.

She is sweet isn't she?

Just one other point Gooding - you do know that when one adult comes over on a Study Permit, the spouse is entitled to an Open Work Permit?? Would this make things easier? I realise that your fees would be a heck of a lot as there are a few of you in your family, but this could maybe be something you could look into.

I only haven't applied for mine yet because of the imminent interview, but if we are refused PR then I will apply for mine asap. I am sick of spending savings, and want to start having money coming as well as going out, LOL!!