My ICT application is refused

Old Aug 16th 2021, 4:30 am
Just Joined

sarahch77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: My ICT application is refused

There is something called Start ICT.

https://www.google.co.in/amp/s/www.c...91775.html/amp

my lawyer is supposed to a top lawyer in Toronto and they advised and said I qualify for this. Is there any solution for this ?

Old Aug 16th 2021, 4:50 am
Just Joined

Hi,

As per start up ICT I did form a Company and took an office and the business plan done by the lawyer does show all the projections .
Old Aug 16th 2021, 3:44 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sarahch77
Hi,

As per start up ICT I did form a Company and took an office and the business plan done by the lawyer does show all the projections .
Hmmm, that's very odd then. What did you show in terms of hiring Canadians? It sounds as though your lawyer didn't put a particularly good case together, it's always going to be trickier for a new office.

FWIW, I agree with Siouxie, this is a far from ideal visa route unless it's your only option? Did you look at other routes, maybe ones that would have got you PR rather than just a one year work permit?
Old Aug 16th 2021, 3:47 pm
Just Joined

It was all mentioned in the business plan in detail. I’m 44 so age was a barrier for other PR options .
Old Aug 16th 2021, 3:49 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

It was all mentioned in the business plan in detail. I’m 44 so age was a barrier for other PR options .
Age is no barrier to most business based PR routes, it's only relevant for EE applications really.
Old Aug 16th 2021, 3:50 pm
Just Joined

Other business options had a lot of investment to do
Old Aug 16th 2021, 4:31 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Other business options had a lot of investment to do
There were other alternatives open to you - such as the Provincial programs or The Start Up Program visa option which requires NO investment.. only the $2075 processing fees - you just have to find a designated organisation to sponsor you. I think you may have been led astray on that... this also would give you a Temporary work permit while your Permanent Residence application is in progress.
An ICT is a Temporary Work Permit - but not an application for Permanent Residence.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpce...qnum=655&top=6

Do I have to invest my own money if I want to apply through the Start-up Visa Program?

No, you’re not required to invest any of your own money. The minimum investment required is an investment that comes from a designated Canadian venture capital fund or angel investor group.
Full details: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...tart-visa.html

I'm confused with the link you gave to the (unofficial) website (run by an Immigration Consultant, so not unbiased in their advice)..

Last edited by Siouxie; Aug 16th 2021 at 4:33 pm.
Old Aug 16th 2021, 4:38 pm
Just Joined

Hi. I didn’t know anyone who would sponsor me and the lawyer adviced on the program .
Old Aug 16th 2021, 4:41 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Hi. I didn’t know anyone who would sponsor me and the lawyer adviced on the program .
You don't need to know anyone, the idea is that you have a good business case and you put that forward, you don't need any connections in Canada at all.

If I were you, whilst your lawyer figures out what went wrong with the ICT application, I'd look at other visa options yourself, and see what you may be eligible for. Self employed visa maybe? Start Up? And depending on the province you wanted to move to, possibly PNP streams as well. Most won't require investment, and you'd get PR instead rather than just a one year work permit which is rather insecure.

It may be that you can reapply successfully for the ICT, but I'd start looking at back up options personally.

Good luck.
Old Aug 16th 2021, 5:03 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

You don't need to know anyone.. there are lists of designated organisations who can sponsor.. you present your business plans to them https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...nizations.html

Is your lawyer an Immigration Consultant and approved to represent? https://iccrc-crcic.ca/find-a-professional/

I would suggest you have a good look at the programs available to you, especially the Start Up (permanent residence route) and the Provincial ones depending on which Province you incorporated in.

Last edited by Siouxie; Aug 16th 2021 at 5:05 pm.
Old Aug 16th 2021, 6:20 pm
Just Joined

Hi. The are very renowned immigration lawyers in Toronto and even today after emailing them they think I’m eligible . I’ve got an appt with them tomorrow.