My on-going LMO application!

Old Jan 11th 2007, 11:49 pm
Forum Regular

pete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant future
Default My on-going LMO application!

Hi

As some of you know, my LMO via the Alberta office was rejected just before christmas based on the salary the company were paying. Then 2 days later Service Canada admitted they had made a mistake and thought the job was in Alberta (higher salary) rather than actually in Toronto.

The guy at Service Canada has told my immigrationlawyer that he has forwaded all the paperwork to the regional department for a review (basically check the wage in Mississauge, ON) and will get back to us once the review is completed.

Does anybody know what this entails??? Does it mean that it has ACTUALLY been sent to Service Canada in Ontario??? If so, will it be treated as a new application...and another 17 weeks of waiting??? :scared: The word REVIEW kind of worries me. Our lawyer sent a fax to them yesterday.....
I would have thought that a quick phone call or fax from one service canada office to another would have sorted all this out.

The guy at Service Canada Alberta was happy with the application all except the wage.....so if everything else fits the bill and it has been sent to Ontario....can they disagree with the original decision (not the wage part).

Any help would be much appreciated.

Pete
Old Jan 12th 2007, 12:16 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: My on-going LMO application!

Lawyer should have known that if job location is in Ontario then LMO will have to be processed in Ontario, not in Alberta.

Just hpe that your employer's LMO application won't land at the bottom of the pile. And if it does then blame the lawyer for the mess.

Originally Posted by pete66
Hi

As some of you know, my LMO via the Alberta office was rejected just before christmas based on the salary the company were paying. Then 2 days later Service Canada admitted they had made a mistake and thought the job was in Alberta (higher salary) rather than actually in Toronto.

The guy at Service Canada has told my immigrationlawyer that he has forwaded all the paperwork to the regional department for a review (basically check the wage in Mississauge, ON) and will get back to us once the review is completed.

Does anybody know what this entails??? Does it mean that it has ACTUALLY been sent to Service Canada in Ontario??? If so, will it be treated as a new application...and another 17 weeks of waiting??? :scared: The word REVIEW kind of worries me. Our lawyer sent a fax to them yesterday.....
I would have thought that a quick phone call or fax from one service canada office to another would have sorted all this out.

The guy at Service Canada Alberta was happy with the application all except the wage.....so if everything else fits the bill and it has been sent to Ontario....can they disagree with the original decision (not the wage part).

Any help would be much appreciated.

Pete
Old Jan 12th 2007, 12:48 am
Forum Regular

pete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant future

I must admit Andrew, I was wondering why the application was sent to Alberta. I just thought it was because the company's head office was there.

Apparently the officer at Service Canada Alberta has sent it to an internal dept at Alberta to check the Toronto wage....so hopefully he still has his eyes on it.

Can LMO applications be looked at twice by two different people and different decisions made??

thanks

Pete
Old Jan 12th 2007, 1:01 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

It may happen. I've seen stranger things...

Originally Posted by pete66
Can LMO applications be looked at twice by two different people and different decisions made??

Pete
Old Jan 12th 2007, 1:15 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
It may happen. I've seen stranger things...
Knowing my luck....that is exactly what will happen.
I am hoping that the guy at the Alberta office gets the wage figure and then approves it....as this was the only sticking point. I would have thought if he was sending it to Ontario....he would have told the lawyer when he admitted to the mistake.

But like you say....stranger things have probably happened.

Pete
Old Jan 13th 2007, 5:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Oh No Pete

Thought that this had all been sorted out for you, bet you are mad as hell

Hope it all works out

Gay
Old Jan 13th 2007, 5:35 pm
Your goto Realtor

liquidsuite is a jewel in the roughliquidsuite is a jewel in the roughliquidsuite is a jewel in the roughliquidsuite is a jewel in the roughliquidsuite is a jewel in the rough

Sounds like a bit of a mess. Hope your lawyer manages to sort it all out and irons out the confusion with where to send it lol. Good luck with it.