Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

My EE score has lowered by 6 points

My EE score has lowered by 6 points

Old Jul 13th 2017, 5:11 pm
Forum Regular

Shenkor has a reputation beyond reputeShenkor has a reputation beyond reputeShenkor has a reputation beyond reputeShenkor has a reputation beyond reputeShenkor has a reputation beyond reputeShenkor has a reputation beyond reputeShenkor has a reputation beyond reputeShenkor has a reputation beyond reputeShenkor has a reputation beyond reputeShenkor has a reputation beyond reputeShenkor has a reputation beyond repute
Default My EE score has lowered by 6 points

Hey everyone,
I am somewhat baffled by change of score in my EE application. When I created my EE profile my CRS score was 491, I got selected in 5th of April round and when I submitted my application in mid May 2017, my score was still 491. A few days ago I checked my profile and my score has gone down to 485. I applied under CEC, NOC 2172, Category A.
Is the drop in score normal, since I made no alteration to my application?

Cheers
S.
Old Jul 13th 2017, 5:18 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My EE score has lowered by 6 points

Have you had a birthday in the interim?
Old Jul 13th 2017, 5:26 pm
Forum Regular

Shenkor has a reputation beyond reputeShenkor has a reputation beyond reputeShenkor has a reputation beyond reputeShenkor has a reputation beyond reputeShenkor has a reputation beyond reputeShenkor has a reputation beyond reputeShenkor has a reputation beyond reputeShenkor has a reputation beyond reputeShenkor has a reputation beyond reputeShenkor has a reputation beyond reputeShenkor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Have you had a birthday in the interim?
Yes, 10th of may I turned 33. But I submitted my EE application on 15th of May. When I submitted on the 15th, the score was still 491. That's what I was not sure why my score dropped now and not on the 10th.
That explains it. Thanks Christmasoompa

Last edited by Shenkor; Jul 13th 2017 at 5:31 pm.
Old Jul 13th 2017, 5:28 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shenkor
Yes, 10th of may I turned 33. But I submitted my EE application on 15th of May. When I submitted on the 15th, the score was still 491. That's what I was not sure why my score dropped now and not on the 10th.
Ah, that'll be it then. From age 32 to age 33 the difference is 6 points. It will have just taken a few days to catch up.
Old Jul 13th 2017, 5:32 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Ah, that'll be it then. From age 32 to age 33 the difference is 6 points. It will have just taken a few days to catch up.
Thank you so much for the information. I was a bit panicked when I saw the score drop.
Old Jul 13th 2017, 11:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

KenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really nice

if your score is in 480s then you must have got the ITA already.

When you get the ITA your EE score does not matter anymore, am I right?
Old Jul 14th 2017, 2:44 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by KenA
if your score is in 480s then you must have got the ITA already.

When you get the ITA your EE score does not matter anymore, am I right?
I received an ITA on 5th of April. I submitted my application for PR on 15th may (took me about 6 weeks to get my paper work in order). Since I submitted the PR application 2 months ago I have not checked my profile because, I read on CIC website and in this forum that processing is 6 months, I was relaxed about checking my profile. When I checked my profile recently the score had gone down by 6 points. I didn't know why, I thought CRS score freezes once you recieve an ITA. Christmasoompa has given me the reason why the change in score. Even with my current point of 485, I'm still happy incase anything goes wrong.

Fingers crossed I get positive decision before my IEC expires in first week of December this year.
Old Jul 14th 2017, 2:56 am
BE Enthusiast

KenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really nice

My understanding ( and I hope someone corrects me if I am wrong) is that once you got the ITA your EE score has no effect any more.

There are some people who got ITA for 413 score last month and the score now is 440, that does not mean they are not qualified now.

All you have to do is to submit your documents within 90 days .

P.S. what is IEC that will expire in Dec?!
Old Jul 14th 2017, 4:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Vulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond repute

The poster you were responding to (Shenkor) is in Canada on an International Experience Canada (IEC) work permit. It's a youth mobility programme, allowing people aged 18-35 (depending on country) to live and work anywhere in Canada for six months-two years (depending on country). As this is British Expats, the normal rules for UK citizens are 18-30 (at time of application), and a permit valid for 2 years (or expiry of insurance, if that was less on arrival).
Old Jul 14th 2017, 5:42 pm
Forum Regular

Gorbzilla is an unknown quantity at this point

My understanding ( and I hope someone corrects me if I am wrong) is that once you got the ITA your EE score has no effect any more.

There are some people who got ITA for 413 score last month and the score now is 440, that does not mean they are not qualified now.

All you have to do is to submit your documents within 90 days .

Only partly true. Any change in score due to a birthday is fine (there's an exemption specifically for the case where a birthday would drop you below the score cut-off at the point you received your ITA). So @Shenkor you're fine from this perspective, nothing to be concerned about.

For education and language assessment, these need to be valid when you submit your application, i.e. when you receive your AOR or 'Acknowledgement of Receipt'.

Express Entry: Invitation to Apply and Invitations to apply – Skilled immigrants (Express Entry) has some more (but not exhaustive) information.