Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Mr Miller - Statutory Declaration question

Mr Miller - Statutory Declaration question

Old May 13th 2006, 1:53 am
Forum Regular

Timmo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Mr Miller - Statutory Declaration question

Hi Andrew (or Jim or PMM),

Can you help clarify something about Stat Decs....... both my and my common law partner's parents (and other friends and relatives) have said they want to write a letter and/or Stat Decs to support our application. I'm confused on the actual layout; do they sign a simple Stat Dec saying that they confirm our relationship and attach a detailed letter saying the support us (financially and emotional), outline when we have stayed with them etc etc.............OR do we make ONE form with all that that would be in a letter but in the form of a Stat Dec?

Thanks for your help.
Old May 13th 2006, 2:25 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Mr Miller - Statutory Declaration question

Statutory Declaration is a statement made under the oath - actual layout will differ in different jurisdictions and person authorized to administer the oath (commissioner or oath, some lawyers and notaries) should have a proper template for such in his/her computer.

Originally Posted by Timmo
Hi Andrew (or Jim or PMM),

Can you help clarify something about Stat Decs....... both my and my common law partner's parents (and other friends and relatives) have said they want to write a letter and/or Stat Decs to support our application. I'm confused on the actual layout; do they sign a simple Stat Dec saying that they confirm our relationship and attach a detailed letter saying the support us (financially and emotional), outline when we have stayed with them etc etc.............OR do we make ONE form with all that that would be in a letter but in the form of a Stat Dec?

Thanks for your help.
Old May 13th 2006, 2:54 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Andrew.

And then should I paperclip a detailed letter of support from family/friends to the Stat Dec?

Cheers
Old May 13th 2006, 4:32 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

All what your parents want to say should be stated in their Statutory Declaration. Letters from friends don't need to be in the form of SD - simple letters signed before notary will suffice.

Originally Posted by Timmo
Thanks Andrew.

And then should I paperclip a detailed letter of support from family/friends to the Stat Dec?

Cheers
Old May 13th 2006, 4:35 am
Forum Regular

Great...thanks Andrew!