Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Mr Miller and others, sent some funds to Canada before landing, problem?

Mr Miller and others, sent some funds to Canada before landing, problem?

Old Mar 19th 2005, 2:00 pm
Just Joined

lancesan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Mr Miller and others, sent some funds to Canada before landing, problem?

Mr Miller and others,

I have sent some $4000 already to my sister in Canada before we land, for payment of our apartment (near my sister's) and other expenses. Because of this, what I shall be bringing upon landing is a little short of the required settlement funds. Would this be a problem? I plan on presenting my apartment lease contract (is this what it is called?), but it might not be considered since it is in my sister's name. If I present her lease also, does it make things clearer that the other apartment is mine? Also, how do I prove the purchase of the other items (most were from yard sales, thus no receipt). Please help. Many thanks
Old Mar 19th 2005, 2:32 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Mr Miller and others, sent some funds to Canada before landing, problem?

Nice try, but it won't work, sorry. And you are not the first (and probably not the last one) trying to be "creative" in circumventing funds requirement. And remember - no matter what idea you will come up with it has already been tried and is known to officers at all ports of entry.

Originally Posted by lancesan
Mr Miller and others,

I have sent some $4000 already to my sister in Canada before we land, for payment of our apartment (near my sister's) and other expenses. Because of this, what I shall be bringing upon landing is a little short of the required settlement funds. Would this be a problem? I plan on presenting my apartment lease contract (is this what it is called?), but it might not be considered since it is in my sister's name. If I present her lease also, does it make things clearer that the other apartment is mine? Also, how do I prove the purchase of the other items (most were from yard sales, thus no receipt). Please help. Many thanks
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 9:48 am
Just Joined

lancesan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Mr Miller and others, sent some funds to Canada before landing, problem?

Mr. Miller,

Sorry, I was being perfectly honest with what I wrote, and I totally resent you saying that I was being “creative”. The reason why I am in a hurry to come to Canada so soon after my child’s school is because my lease with the apartment will already be running by April. I have read your answer to some of the posters before, who said you were not very nice, although I tended to agree with you that you are not here to sugar coat your answers, and you were just being honest. But to accuse someone of doing a bad thing, without any basis at all, just crosses the line. You may call me stupid for getting the apartment next to my sister’s the minute it was vacated, since it knew it would be convenient to live beside her, that may have been a bad idea, with all this mess, but please do not accuse me of dodging my responsibilities and being “creative”. I am not a liar.
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 3:45 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

I didn't accuse you of lying. Being "creative" often means a good thing too.

Originally Posted by lancesan
Mr. Miller,

Sorry, I was being perfectly honest with what I wrote, and I totally resent you saying that I was being “creative”. The reason why I am in a hurry to come to Canada so soon after my child’s school is because my lease with the apartment will already be running by April. I have read your answer to some of the posters before, who said you were not very nice, although I tended to agree with you that you are not here to sugar coat your answers, and you were just being honest. But to accuse someone of doing a bad thing, without any basis at all, just crosses the line. You may call me stupid for getting the apartment next to my sister’s the minute it was vacated, since it knew it would be convenient to live beside her, that may have been a bad idea, with all this mess, but please do not accuse me of dodging my responsibilities and being “creative”. I am not a liar.