Mr. Miller/Mr. Jim

Old Jul 3rd 2006, 9:39 pm
Just Joined

j3984 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Mr. Miller/Mr. Jim

Hello,
I saw a thread about distance education. Intrestingly enough the thought came into my head about the value of points for distance education.
I have a Bachelors degree (15 years) (full time) + a 2 years Master's degree (distance education). But on my masters degree it doesnt mention that it is a distance education degree, will I / can I claim points for a master's degree and atleast 17 years of education since it doesnt mention tht it is distance education. even thou it was distance education, I had to attend classes on weekends for 4 hours in all.

Thank you
J3984
Old Jul 3rd 2006, 9:58 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Mr. Miller/Mr. Jim

Only if it was done through the accredited educational institution. If it is the case then you can claim Master's degree - but as far as number of years of education you can only claim number of years for this Master's degree that would be required if completing the program on standard, full time basis.

So, you have to be sure that university or college you got Master's from is an accredited institution and you need to find from them how long is the program if taken by attending classes full time.

Originally Posted by j3984
Hello,
I saw a thread about distance education. Intrestingly enough the thought came into my head about the value of points for distance education.
I have a Bachelors degree (15 years) (full time) + a 2 years Master's degree (distance education). But on my masters degree it doesnt mention that it is a distance education degree, will I / can I claim points for a master's degree and atleast 17 years of education since it doesnt mention tht it is distance education. even thou it was distance education, I had to attend classes on weekends for 4 hours in all.

Thank you
J3984
Old Jul 3rd 2006, 10:20 pm
Just Joined

j3984 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
Only if it was done through the accredited educational institution. If it is the case then you can claim Master's degree - but as far as number of years of education you can only claim number of years for this Master's degree that would be required if completing the program on standard, full time basis.

So, you have to be sure that university or college you got Master's from is an accredited institution and you need to find from them how long is the program if taken by attending classes full time.

Thank you Mr. Miller for your prompt reply.
I had spoken to the institute and they said tht the full time as well as the distance education time period is 2 years. No difference in time taken to complete the degree. So in this senario, wht will the points alloted.

Thank you
J3984
Old Jul 3rd 2006, 10:51 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Again - if it is an accredited institution then Master's degree will be accepted. With total number of education proven as 17 you should get 25 points.

Originally Posted by j3984
Thank you Mr. Miller for your prompt reply.
I had spoken to the institute and they said tht the full time as well as the distance education time period is 2 years. No difference in time taken to complete the degree. So in this senario, wht will the points alloted.

Thank you
J3984