Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Mr. Miller, I have a question for you.Could you please explain me this?

Mr. Miller, I have a question for you.Could you please explain me this?

Old Oct 22nd 2008, 11:13 am
Forum Regular

Quarte_2005 will become famous soon enoughQuarte_2005 will become famous soon enough
Default Mr. Miller, I have a question for you.Could you please explain me this?

Dear Mr. @@@@@@@@@@@
We are not in possession of any permanent job offer on your behalf duly accepted by the HRDC office in Canada.

Temporary job offer cannot be "converted" into a permanent one by Immigration authorities abroad. A new job offer must be forwarded by your employer to the responsible HRDC office in Canada. Once approved, this document will be attached to your Permanent Residence application abroad and processed ( 6-8 months).
For further information please consult www.cic.gc.ca (Skilled Workers)
Regards,
Visa Section

This is what they told me, but
I am already in Canada on TWP Visa
I claimed Arranged Employment, attaching proof of employment, proof of legal status and the letter from my employer stating that he will convert my Temp work position into a PERMANENT full time on a indeterminate basis.
From what I understand they are asking my employer to submit this request to the HRSDC to be approved.
Does it work like that?
I dont think so, based also on what HRSDC site says
http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/en/workplaces...upperimm.shtml
So the docs I sent weren't enough!This is akward...
Could you please suggest me what to do?
Thanks a lot

BY THE WAY the Visa Post is Rome.

Last edited by Quarte_2005; Oct 22nd 2008 at 11:39 am.
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 12:37 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Mr. Miller, I have a question for you.Could you please explain me this?

Something just doesn't add up here. If what you claim is true then visa post makes serious error - the Immigration Manual is quite clear what is needed to claim arranged employment. Start reading section 10.13 starting on page 24 here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc...s/op/op06e.pdf
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 10:46 pm
Forum Regular

Quarte_2005 will become famous soon enoughQuarte_2005 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Mr. Miller, I have a question for you.Could you please explain me this?

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
Something just doesn't add up here. If what you claim is true then visa post makes serious error - the Immigration Manual is quite clear what is needed to claim arranged employment. Start reading section 10.13 starting on page 24 here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc...s/op/op06e.pdf
I read the section you told me to and now I am speechless.
I don't know what is it going on and I feel like a man just beaten up by Tyson.
What should I do?
What should I tell the Embassy?
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 11:06 pm

I don't know what you should do as I didn't see your application, what exactly you claimed, what you submitted, how job offer was worded, what kind of work permit you have, what occupation you work in, etc., etc..
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 11:34 pm
Forum Regular

I don't know what you should do as I didn't see your application, what exactly you claimed, what you submitted, how job offer was worded, what kind of work permit you have, what occupation you work in, etc., etc..
Yep, I understand.
Anyway is it possible that they are making a mistake?
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 11:47 pm

There are only 2 possibilities:

1. Visa post made a mistake, or

2. You didn't properly claim and/or documented your arranged employment claim
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 11:50 pm
Forum Regular

I will try to get in touch with the embassy and if I can't do nothing I will eventually seeking for your help, if you are willing to help me.
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 11:22 am
Forum Regular

last e-mail received
Dear Mr. @@@@@@@@@:
in due time, when your application will be put in process you will be awarded points which, most probably, will reflect the first scenario or, in alternative, you will be awarded five points for one year work experience in Canada (if, in the meantime, you are back in Italy). Our previous email was not referred to points, which will be awarded to you as due, but rather to the time frame of the immigration processing. From our records it would result that you have a Temporary job offer approved by the HRDC office and your Temporary Work Permit was duly issued to you. Should your employer be able to obtain an HRDC opinion for a Permanent position, your Application for Immigration to Canada will be processed on a priority basis. Hope this will help.

Regards,
Visa Section/jkd
Your work permit is valid at the time
of the permanent resident visa
application and at the time the visa
is issued.
And

Your employer has made an offer to
employ you on an
indeterminate basis if the permanent resident visa is issued.

this is what they just wrote me

BY THE WAY THE FIRST SCENARIO I AM REFERRING TO IS
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...employment.asp

THEY DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING!!!
even if they recognize I am here with TWP, showing proof of employment and legal status, holding offer of permanent employment on indeterminate basis,AND therefore awarding me 10 point for Arranged Emplyment, they are asking for AEO HRSDC confirmation!
This is crazy!!!
http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/en/workplaces...poarremp.shtml
check the NOTE!!!!

they are not fast tracking application with arranged employment
this is ridicolous

Last edited by Quarte_2005; Oct 23rd 2008 at 11:27 am.
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 3:08 pm

I still don't understand their position - if you are working currently in Canada on valid work permit in skilled occupation, your work permit will be valid at the time of PR visa issuance and your employer expressed in writing intention to convert your current temporary employment to a permanent position on indeterminate basis once you become a PR then you can claim arranged employment points. Email from visa post almost stated this too, although they mentioned something about you being back in Italy. If your WP expires and/or you stop working in Canada before your PR visa is issued then of course arranged employment claim is gone. Make sure that you extend your work permit and keep working for stated in WP employer in skilled occupation until your PR visa is issued.

Your last post indicates that it is not points you are concerned about, but the "fast tracking" of your application. Please note that not all visa posts use expedited processing for applications with arranged employment - Buffalo and almost all visa posts in South and Latin America never used any "fast track". Rome, as one of not heavy flooded visa post (compared to London for example) may or may not use expedited process as they want.
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 3:26 pm
Forum Regular

I still don't understand their position - if you are working currently in Canada on valid work permit in skilled occupation, your work permit will be valid at the time of PR visa issuance and your employer expressed in writing intention to convert your current temporary employment to a permanent position on indeterminate basis once you become a PR then you can claim arranged employment points. Email from visa post almost stated this too, although they mentioned something about you being back in Italy. If your WP expires and/or you stop working in Canada before your PR visa is issued then of course arranged employment claim is gone. Make sure that you extend your work permit and keep working for stated in WP employer in skilled occupation until your PR visa is issued.

Your last post indicates that it is not points you are concerned about, but the "fast tracking" of your application. Please note that not all visa posts use expedited processing for applications with arranged employment - Buffalo and almost all visa posts in South and Latin America never used any "fast track". Rome, as one of not heavy flooded visa post (compared to London for example) may or may not use expedited process as they want.
I just received the exstention of work permit yesterday...so I am still legal here in Canada, Mr. Miller.
This is a big headache!
So why do they process application with AEO from HRSDC in 6- 8 months as they stated before and why do they process my application with regular offer of Permanent job on a indeterminate basis and proper documentation in 2 or 3 years?

And both are worth the SAME!!!!!!!!

I still don't get it
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 4:43 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Just a thought - what Skill Level are you on the NOC Matrix?? Also, I assume you've read this but thought I'd add it just in case it helped..........http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Fast_T...ication-Canada

Hope you get it sorted soon.
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 9:06 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Just a thought - what Skill Level are you on the NOC Matrix?? Also, I assume you've read this but thought I'd add it just in case it helped..........http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Fast_T...ication-Canada

Hope you get it sorted soon.

Thanks. I sure did read the helpful link before sending out the application.
Anyway my position is Flooring installer NOC B 7295
Thanks

Last edited by Quarte_2005; Oct 23rd 2008 at 9:11 pm.
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 11:30 pm
Bring on the snow!

Rob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond repute

Get your company to apply to HRDC for an AEO for the permanent position. It doesn't cost anything and I'm sure you could pull the application together for them.

As Andrew posted above, it's up to the visa post if they fast track or not. Sounds like Rome will only do it with an AEO from HRDC.
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 11:37 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rob_999
Get your company to apply to HRDC for an AEO for the permanent position. It doesn't cost anything and I'm sure you could pull the application together for them.

As Andrew posted above, it's up to the visa post if they fast track or not. Sounds like Rome will only do it with an AEO from HRDC.
I guess this is what I will do even if the Employer is not suppose to do.
check this please
http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/en/workplaces...s/emp5275e.pdf
the question # 1.
It is clear.
Thanks for your support
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 11:43 pm
Bring on the snow!

Rob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Quarte_2005
I guess this is what I will do even if the Employer is not suppose to do.
check this please
http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/en/workplaces...s/emp5275e.pdf
the question # 1.
It is clear.
Thanks for your support
I agree - it's crazy, but what other option do you have? Write a covering letter to HRDC explaining the circumstances that you have LMO but are seeking AEO to speed up PR application.

I really feel for you having gone though the process myself. I'd have lost it if London had refused to fast track!! Karma sent

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.