Mr Miller or anyone Please....

Old Jan 10th 2002, 4:17 pm
Diana

Hi

I have a queation, we want to sponsor my mom to Canada ASAP... Now my question is,
would it be possible for my mom to come to Canada on a visitors visa, and stay here,
while her application is being processed??? The reason is that the process from South
Africa is taking such a long time, and she has nothing to stay to in South Africa...
Please someone advice me what the best way to go about this is..

Thank You Diana

Old Jan 11th 2002, 2:47 am
Just Joined

Jonathan Fon is an unknown quantity at this point

Would it be possible for my mom to come to Canada on a visitor visa, and stay here,while her application is being processed???

Jonathan: Possible. It is a Humanitarian and Conpassionate case, H&C case. However, you have obligation to convince the immigration officer that there is hardship for your Mom to leave your family and stay outside Canada for the landing process. The reason You mentioned cannot hold water when you present the application.
Old Jan 12th 2002, 12:54 am
Berto Volpentesta

It may be that your mother could get a visitor visa if there is a valid = reason for
coming temporarily to Canada. It may be that you should look = at another way of
getting her her depending on circumstancecs.

To get a visitor visa so that she could stay permanently in Canada goes = against the
meaning and intent of the visitor visa.

--=20 Good luck,

Berto Volpentesta, B.A. (Spec. Hons.), B.Ed. Member, OPIC Director, OPIC and
Education Committee Chairman

Sidhu & Volpentesta Inc. Serving people around the world since 1991

www.svcanada.com

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >