Mr. Andrew Miller please read

Old Oct 19th 2005, 11:53 am
Just Joined

lego123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Mr. Andrew Miller please read

I applied in March 2001 under Business Cat in London, but was transferred due to "program integrity" to Damascus in June 2004. Russian citizen, lived in Cyprus for the last 10 yrs. July 2005 - the interview in Damascus. The officer asked us many different questions and finally - "I accept your application under the former Immigration Law". She gave us medical forms and said - I believe it is very common - medical does not guarantee your admission, it is on your own expense, etc., "I will now conduct a small research over the Internet about you and If I find anything suspicious ...., but if you feel confident - go ahead with your medicals." So we have done our medical immediately in Cyprus, 2 days after the interview. It was sent to Paris by the doctor.
My questions are the following :
1. after the medical what do they usually do to business category - background check, what kind of ; and it was pretty strange - internet research! But recently I found at one of the forums that BG could be long - through some global facilities, or short - the officer who interviewed you conduct it.
2. Do they inform us somehow if they received our med results?
3. Is that true that now all the old cases (before 2002) are forced into process to finalize as soon as possible?
4. And the last question - in their letter for medicals they stress - do not contact us before 6 months, if I do so - would it cause a delay? But actually it is so frustrating - now it has been more than 55 months!!! since I applied...
Hope to read your reply, thanks in advance.

Last edited by lego123; Oct 19th 2005 at 11:55 am.
Old Oct 19th 2005, 3:21 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Mr. Andrew Miller please read

1. Background check and security check are initiated after successful interview or interview waiver. Background check (verification of personal data and education/experience/business credentials) is done by visa post processing application with cooperation from visa posts in countries where check is done. Security check is done by Canadian intelligence and security agencies, completely independently from immigration and may take from several months to well over a year to conclude. "Internet research" - it soesn't work that way, although maybe officer was talking about checking your company's data available on the net as a part of background check.

2. Nope

3. Not really as fast as possible - half of pre-2002 cases (including all 1999 and earlier) must be concluded by middle of 2006, remaining 2000 cases by middle of 2007 and rest of 2001 cases by end of 2008 - I wouldn't call it fast.

4. Every time you ask about status you take officer's time from processing applications - so yes, every such request causes delays for everybody in process.

Originally Posted by lego123
I applied in March 2001 under Business Cat in London, but was transferred due to "program integrity" to Damascus in June 2004. Russian citizen, lived in Cyprus for the last 10 yrs. July 2005 - the interview in Damascus. The officer asked us many different questions and finally - "I accept your application under the former Immigration Law". She gave us medical forms and said - I believe it is very common - medical does not guarantee your admission, it is on your own expense, etc., "I will now conduct a small research over the Internet about you and If I find anything suspicious ...., but if you feel confident - go ahead with your medicals." So we have done our medical immediately in Cyprus, 2 days after the interview. It was sent to Paris by the doctor.
My questions are the following :
1. after the medical what do they usually do to business category - background check, what kind of ; and it was pretty strange - internet research! But recently I found at one of the forums that BG could be long - through some global facilities, or short - the officer who interviewed you conduct it.
2. Do they inform us somehow if they received our med results?
3. Is that true that now all the old cases (before 2002) are forced into process to finalize as soon as possible?
4. And the last question - in their letter for medicals they stress - do not contact us before 6 months, if I do so - would it cause a delay? But actually it is so frustrating - now it has been more than 55 months!!! since I applied...
Hope to read your reply, thanks in advance.
Old Oct 19th 2005, 4:09 pm
Just Joined

Dear Sir,
Thank you for your reply!
That security and background checks are conducted for all applicants? I mean is it a must? Or they choose individually for each case?
And I have one more question. My parents recently moved and changed their address. But they are not included as dependants, just as parents. Should I inform CIC about that? Or it does not matter? I mean the interview took place in late July, they have moved in September, so would CIC check them or not?
Thank you.
Old Oct 19th 2005, 4:57 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

It is mandatory for all applicants, regardless of category of application and nationality.

You don't need to inform visa post about change of your parents' address as they are not dependents in your application.

Originally Posted by lego123
Dear Sir,
Thank you for your reply!
That security and background checks are conducted for all applicants? I mean is it a must? Or they choose individually for each case?
And I have one more question. My parents recently moved and changed their address. But they are not included as dependants, just as parents. Should I inform CIC about that? Or it does not matter? I mean the interview took place in late July, they have moved in September, so would CIC check them or not?
Thank you.
Old Oct 19th 2005, 5:44 pm
Just Joined

Thank you, Sir, for you reply, it was really helpfull!