Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Mr. Andrew Miller Please advise---Regarding medicals/interview date/visa matters

Mr. Andrew Miller Please advise---Regarding medicals/interview date/visa matters

Old Aug 27th 2001, 7:13 am
Besure

Hello

I am an Indian national. I have applied under independent category. I will be going
alone initially without my family (wife and a 3-year-old daughter) and plan to
sponsor them later.

My application was submitted to the CIC Buffalo in September 2000 and was later
transferred by the Buffalo CIC to CIC, New York, sometime in March this year.
Although I had got the papers for my medical exam by April, I waited for the
interview letter to arrive (as I had gathered that the medical exam results are valid
for about 9 months or so) which came in June and did my medicals by end of June 2001.
I had a chest x-ray which seemed suspicious for something (the DMP did not clarify
for what) and so a chest CT was done which came out normal. The medical documents
were couriered in the first week of July 2001 to NY.

In the first week of August, I received a letter from the CIC, Medical Department,
Ottawa, instructing me to undergo some additional medical tests, including a repeat
chest x-ray at 3 months from the date of last x-ray (i.e., on 29th September 2001;
the last one was on 29th June 2001), PPD skin test (this turned out to be positive;
however, the DMP says it is not of concern), complete details of the chest CT, sputum
culture (this takes about two months to grow), etc. Also, I was instructed to send
copies of past reports of my wife's hysterectomy for benign fibroids (nothing
cancerous) which she had undergone in December 2000. All these documents/test reports
can be couriered to CIC, Ottawa, only in the first week of October, say by 7th or
10th of Oct. 2001.

In light of these facts, could you please clarify my doubts?

As my interview is already scheduled for October 24, 2001, at CIC, New York, my
concern/question is -- wouldn't my interview be delayed or would the CIC Ottawa
people process the documents/reports in time (within about two weeks) for my
interview at New York? What should I do in either case?

Aslo, I had been informed that I can cross over to Toronto, Canada, soon after my
interview at New York, US. Can I stay in Canada on a visitor visa immediately after
my interview at New York until my PR is approved? Will I even be issued a visitor
visa (by CIC New Delhi, India) and admitted into Canada on a visitor visa, when my
immigration papers are still under process?

Thanks in advance for any helpful information/advice I can get.

besurebe

Old Aug 27th 2001, 2:44 pm
Andrew Miller

Medicals have nothing to do with selection interview - both are completely
independent tasks and there is no need to have medicals evaluated by the interview
time. Interview will not be delayed and you don't need to do anything about it, just
follow all the requests you received and attend the interview as scheduled.

It is impossible to predict if you will be granted visitor visa at this time or after
the interview. Visitor visa can only be granted to the person who's intentions are to
visit Canada temporary, not to stay here and wait for the outcome of PR application.
If you can convince immigration officer that you'll leave Canada after the temporary
stay, regardless of the outcome of your PR application then you may get visitor visa,
but it will not be easy.

--

../..

Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia

To schedule Confidential Phone Consultation send email to [email protected] (delete
REMOVE and INVALID from the above address before sending email)

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >