Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Moving from the UK to Nova Scotia Canada

Moving from the UK to Nova Scotia Canada

Old Nov 28th 2004, 3:17 pm
Forum Regular

red rabbit is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Cost of moving from the UK to Nova Scotia Canada

Does anyone have any idea of the cost of a container to transport house contents from Kent in the UK to Nova Scotia? Can anyone recommend a removal company? It's early days yet, but it would be good to get some idea of the costs.

Last edited by red rabbit; Nov 28th 2004 at 4:50 pm.
Old Nov 28th 2004, 5:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

wensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nice
Default Re: Moving from the UK to Nova Scotia Canada

Hi There,

we are going to NS from lancs in UK, hope to be going for june time next year, haven't yet had quotes for contaniers for shipping, but have been told John Mason removals are good, moved my friends to and back from OZ, they did all packing. For a 20ft container we are looking for about £2,000 to £3,000, that should be all a household. When do you plan on going?
Old Nov 30th 2004, 7:02 pm
Forum Regular

Unhappy Re: Moving from the UK to Nova Scotia Canada

Originally Posted by wensamjam
Hi There,

we are going to NS from lancs in UK, hope to be going for june time next year, haven't yet had quotes for contaniers for shipping, but have been told John Mason removals are good, moved my friends to and back from OZ, they did all packing. For a 20ft container we are looking for about £2,000 to £3,000, that should be all a household. When do you plan on going?
Thanks for the info, wouldn't we love to know when we are going, we're waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiting for PR! Where in NS are you thinking of settling? We have fallen in love with The Annapolis Valley.
Old Nov 30th 2004, 7:16 pm
the-smiths

We can see why you have chosen that area, just look at the beauty of the place. Breath-takingly Gorgeous !

http://www.explorenovascotia.com/gal...ndex.cfm?rid=1

Originally Posted by red rabbit
Thanks for the info, wouldn't we love to know when we are going, we're waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiting for PR! Where in NS are you thinking of settling? We have fallen in love with The Annapolis Valley.

Old Nov 30th 2004, 8:11 pm
Banned

maple is just really nicemaple is just really nicemaple is just really nicemaple is just really nicemaple is just really nicemaple is just really nicemaple is just really nicemaple is just really nicemaple is just really nicemaple is just really nicemaple is just really nice

Hi there everyone,
We are also in love with NS. Visited in August and can honestly say we would be very happy living anywhere in NS. The people were just...... great. We applied for PR in JUne 2004 , AOR July - skilled worker. What about you guys?
Old Dec 1st 2004, 1:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

wensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nice

HI there, red rabbit and maple,

we are looking at Fall River area, which is not far halifax and only 10 mins from dartmouth, where my sister lives. We think it will be a great place to bring our 4 year old son up, he has 2 cousins 2 and 6 who he will see lots of.

Our timeline is AOR in jan 04, waiting for medicals, which hope to be about feb/march time. We plan to put house on market at end of jan, so just starting to get it ready now. I think Crispie is going to Annapolis valley.

What are your timelines? It is so slow and frustating driving us mad.
Old Dec 1st 2004, 6:55 pm
Forum Regular

Wink Re: Moving from the UK to Nova Scotia Canada

HI there, red rabbit and maple,

we are looking at Fall River area, which is not far halifax and only 10 mins from dartmouth, where my sister lives. We think it will be a great place to bring our 4 year old son up, he has 2 cousins 2 and 6 who he will see lots of.

Our timeline is AOR in jan 04, waiting for medicals, which hope to be about feb/march time. We plan to put house on market at end of jan, so just starting to get it ready now. I think Crispie is going to Annapolis valley.

What are your timelines? It is so slow and frustating driving us mad.
Hi Wensamjam and Maple

Our timelines are

AOR Jul 04

I've passed the Canadian Registered Nurse exam in Nova Scotia in October and considering applying for a work permit while we wait wait wait!

We are considering buying the house we have fallen in love with in the Annapolis Valley, it would break my heart if we lost it.

Red Rabbit
Old Dec 1st 2004, 7:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

HI Red Rabbit,

I think if i could get a work permit i would go ahead and get one, you can finish your pr over there. There are so many houses we have loved and would love to buy there and then, but sadly we have to wait, but we are going to buy anew build, when we get round to selling ours here.
Old Dec 1st 2004, 7:31 pm
Forum Regular

Unhappy Re: Moving from the UK to Nova Scotia Canada

HI Red Rabbit,

I think if i could get a work permit i would go ahead and get one, you can finish your pr over there. There are so many houses we have loved and would love to buy there and then, but sadly we have to wait, but we are going to buy anew build, when we get round to selling ours here.
Hi Wensamjam,

We too are going to put our home on the market in January, we are so afraid of a fall in house prices. You are six months ahead of us, the waiting is driving us mad!!
We both get cold feet at times, luckily not at the same time! We just look again at our photos to give us heart.
What made you choose Nova Scotia?

Red Rabbit
Old Dec 3rd 2004, 1:01 pm
Banned

maple is just really nicemaple is just really nicemaple is just really nicemaple is just really nicemaple is just really nicemaple is just really nicemaple is just really nicemaple is just really nicemaple is just really nicemaple is just really nicemaple is just really nice

Hi there, we're hoping to put our house on the matket in the spring and are spending every minute either decorating or watching those TV programmes for hints on how to make a quick sale.
Fingers crossed things will not be as bad with regards house prices as the media would have us all believe. Where are you both in the Uk? - we are in rural Essex - no stilettos just wellies here!

Originally Posted by red rabbit
Hi Wensamjam,

We too are going to put our home on the market in January, we are so afraid of a fall in house prices. You are six months ahead of us, the waiting is driving us mad!!
We both get cold feet at times, luckily not at the same time! We just look again at our photos to give us heart.
What made you choose Nova Scotia?

Red Rabbit
Old Dec 3rd 2004, 1:12 pm
the-smiths

MAPLE.....What is that you are saying about Essex? We are originally from Buckhurst Hill, no stiletos round there either.......LOL

Originally Posted by maple
Fingers crossed things will not be as bad with regards house prices as the media would have us all believe. Where are you both in the Uk? - we are in rural Essex - no stilettos just wellies here!

Old Dec 3rd 2004, 3:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by maple
Hi there, we're hoping to put our house on the matket in the spring and are spending every minute either decorating or watching those TV programmes for hints on how to make a quick sale.
Hi Maple,
we live in northwest Uk Burnley, and it is very much wellie county.!!