Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

moving file after medicals is wise?

moving file after medicals is wise?

Old Sep 7th 2004, 9:47 pm
Forum Regular

anxious_glo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default moving file after medicals is wise?

is it a wise move, to move, files from us to india 10 months after medicals???

i am extremely frustrated and want to go back to my country. my us visa expires on 15 dec. and i dont want to go to us consulate one more time for a visa renewal. should i stay put here till i get my pr visa or, should i go back to india along with my file, or should i leave and send my pp along with some when its requested for by buff??? im going crazy sitting here and counting days. i would rather go to india and be with family and friends...
:scared:
do i make sense????

10 months over (so embarrasing to count months like your pregnancy ) and counting days till 12 months. i hope it comes through sooner. i perhaps would have gotten my visa had i applied from india rather than from here, which i did in june 2001.
Old Sep 7th 2004, 10:33 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: moving file after medicals is wise?

Hi Anxious

Originally Posted by anxious_glo
is it a wise move, to move, files from us to india 10 months after medicals???

i am extremely frustrated and want to go back to my country. my us visa expires on 15 dec. and i dont want to go to us consulate one more time for a visa renewal. should i stay put here till i get my pr visa or, should i go back to india along with my file, or should i leave and send my pp along with some when its requested for by buff??? im going crazy sitting here and counting days. i would rather go to india and be with family and friends...
:scared:
do i make sense????

10 months over (so embarrasing to count months like your pregnancy ) and counting days till 12 months. i hope it comes through sooner. i perhaps would have gotten my visa had i applied from india rather than from here, which i did in june 2001.
See Buffalo's web site, they don't transfer files. You can return to India, but inform Buffalo of new address, but keep a mailing address in the US as theydon't send passports out of US/Canada. Note it is illegal to send Indian passports through the mail. If a visa is issued, you will have to figure how to get the COPR. By the way, if state what categorey you applied in, there is a better chance that someone can tell you if your waiting time is out of norm.

PMM

PMM
Old Sep 8th 2004, 2:33 am
BE Enthusiast

orazone is on a distinguished road

Can'nt u send it via some private courier company like Fedex or DHL.

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi Anxious

See Buffalo's web site, they don't transfer files. You can return to India, but inform Buffalo of new address, but keep a mailing address in the US as theydon't send passports out of US/Canada. Note it is illegal to send Indian passports through the mail. If a visa is issued, you will have to figure how to get the COPR. By the way, if state what categorey you applied in, there is a better chance that someone can tell you if your waiting time is out of norm.

PMM

PMM
Old Sep 8th 2004, 3:16 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Orazone

Originally Posted by orazone
Can'nt u send it via some private courier company like Fedex or DHL.
If they know what it is, they won't carry it.

PMM
Old Sep 8th 2004, 4:43 pm
Forum Regular

anxious_glo is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks PMM,

i applied under skilled category and waited for almost a year for AOR from buff. it took so long perhaps because i applied during the heavy loat time -- soon after sept. 11 2001.
cutting short the long story, i recieved medical forms in end of oct.2003 got my meds done in first week of nov.2003. sent all that the office required not later than feb of this year and am waiting for pp request. i dont know how long it might take.

i want to go to india and dont know if i'll be allowed to enter us on my arrival (my expected return date is october 15)at the immigration because my visa is valid only until dec. 15 and i completed graduation and on OPT (have a joboffer, paystub, latest i20 stating im on OPT valid till aug. 2005). so i dont know if i should even try coming back to usa and wait till i receive pp request. i have plenty of family members traveling back and forth to US so sending pp through someone wont be a problem.
i know i can expect pp request in the next few weeks of at the most few months. but i have lost my patience and i would rather be home enjoying time with friends and relatives than waking up every morning wondering if i'll get the request today!!!!