moving to canada

Old Oct 6th 2008, 6:40 pm
Just Joined

choochoo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default moving to canada

hi there..

Does anyone here knows and can help my friend. my friend is in usa right now with a working visa. he is planning to move to canada. he is in communication with a staffing agency in canada who helps him with the processing of his papers. he already sent partial payments. to date, no progress yet. before he send another part of the payment to the agency, he would like to know where or what website can he check if the staffing agency is legitimate? or telephone numbers to call just to verify if the staffing agency is legal.

help greatly appreciated. thanks.
Old Oct 6th 2008, 10:38 pm
Forum Regular

kiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant future
Default Re: moving to canada

You could start by doing a google search to see what information you can find out about them on the net, and take it from there.

You should tell your friend, never, ever send money to anyone before you know something about them. Otherwise, you increase your chances of being 'stung'. I hope that in these circumstances this is not the case.
Old Oct 6th 2008, 11:50 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: moving to canada

Staffing agencies cannot legally help with immigration matters - all they can do is to find you a job, if at all. And charging job seeker any fee, directly or indirectly, for any info, assistance, help, etc. in job search is illegal in most of Canada.