Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

moving to Australia during PR process

Wikiposts

moving to Australia during PR process

Old Jun 20th 2011, 11:13 pm
Forum Regular

portally is an unknown quantity at this point
Default moving to Australia during PR process

Hi Folks

I am currently in progress with my FSW PR application and I am waiting for my medical requests. I want to spend at least 6 months in Australia this year, I dont want to put it off due to the PR because it is so unpredictable.

I understand that I could easily get my medicals done there as long as they are posted to London.

I was wondering what would happen if I get asked for my passport while in Australia. I presume I would have to post it to Ireland and get my parents to post it to London, then do the whole thing in reverse. Its seems a bit risky with all the international postage but I suppose it would be fine as long as its registered.

Any advice would be appreciated,
Old Jun 21st 2011, 12:46 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: moving to Australia during PR process

Why do you need to send it via Ireland - can't you just courier it straight to London? No problem with that, many people do it all the time (particularly from Canada, where obviously a lot of people apply for PR).

Just don't post it (even if registered), you really need to trust something like that to a courier company, preferably a reputable one like Fedex.
Old Jun 21st 2011, 2:02 am
Forum Regular

portally is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the reply. I am a lot more comfortable about doing that now.

I was wondering if it is possible to get CIC London to use Fedex to send the passport back to me? Is there a way that I can pay for the return service?

I was worried that CIC might just post my passport by regular post.
Old Jun 21st 2011, 3:50 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
preferably a reputable one like Fedex.
So long as they get the right address. We recently had a shipment coming in with FedEx, the delivered it to the wrong address, got a signature from the wrong person and told us it was delivered, could not understand why we could not find it!