Application Processing Timline

Old Jun 20th 2011, 4:12 pm
Forum Regular

jeff2679 is a jewel in the roughjeff2679 is a jewel in the roughjeff2679 is a jewel in the roughjeff2679 is a jewel in the roughjeff2679 is a jewel in the rough
Default Application Processing Timline

Hi All,

I have a quick question with the New Time Line from London pushed back to 16 Months. Does it mean that if your status, Reads as follows ``Your application was reviewed and we started processing on June 2, 2010. `` and you have completed your medicals does it mean 16 months from when your application went into Process ?

Thanks
Old Jun 20th 2011, 4:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

spaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Application Processing Timline

Originally Posted by jeff2679
Hi All,

I have a quick question with the New Time Line from London pushed back to 16 Months. Does it mean that if your status, Reads as follows ``Your application was reviewed and we started processing on June 2, 2010. `` and you have completed your medicals does it mean 16 months from when your application went into Process ?

Thanks
I would have thought the quoted months would be from initial application to receipt of visa. But I wouldn't get too hung up about the number as it's just a (poor) guideline - we are 16 months in and no medical request.

good luck!

Last edited by spaceace; Jun 20th 2011 at 4:59 pm.
Old Jun 20th 2011, 5:34 pm
Permanent Residents

Mac2 is on a distinguished road

Hi All,

Thanks
The average processing timescale is from your AOR date. So spaceace is actually at 10 months. We are at 13 months as we have a May 2010 AOR.
Old Jun 20th 2011, 5:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

spaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Mac2
The average processing timescale is from your AOR date. So spaceace is actually at 10 months. We are at 13 months as we have a May 2010 AOR.
Oh yeah, that makes sense as they wouldn't count the time taken to get your docs in order
Old Jun 20th 2011, 8:11 pm
Forum Regular

jeff2679 is a jewel in the roughjeff2679 is a jewel in the roughjeff2679 is a jewel in the roughjeff2679 is a jewel in the roughjeff2679 is a jewel in the rough

Please correct me if am wrong the AOR is the first communication date, for example. We received your application for permanent residence on October 1, 2009.

Right ?
Old Jun 20th 2011, 8:56 pm
Permanent Residents

Mac2 is on a distinguished road

Please correct me if am wrong the AOR is the first communication date, for example. We received your application for permanent residence on October 1, 2009.

Right ?
The AOR (Acknowledgment of Receipt) letter from London has the date showing when they formally received your complete documents pack. They issue a new number which you then use on ECAS. This is when the processing time clock starts ticking.

If you could add a timeline signature it would be easier for us to answer your questions. You can do it by clicking here. http://britishexpats.com/forum/profi...=editsignature

Last edited by Mac2; Jun 20th 2011 at 8:59 pm. Reason: Added more detail
Old Jun 21st 2011, 12:36 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Sheffield UK - Victoria BC bound (one day, in a galaxy far, far away...)
witchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Mac2
The AOR (Acknowledgment of Receipt) letter from London has the date showing when they formally received your complete documents pack. They issue a new number which you then use on ECAS. This is when the processing time clock starts ticking.

If you could add a timeline signature it would be easier for us to answer your questions. You can do it by clicking here. http://britishexpats.com/forum/profi...=editsignature
I have a theory (and it IS just a theory!) that the processing time has gone up by 4 months due to the longer wait currently to receive AOR - so I can see from a few timelines that those who sent in full docs to London in Dec/Jan11 are just receiving their AOR now - in June (as opposed to the average wait time of 3-4 weeks previously) - which is an extra 4 months!

So as we sent our full docs in Feb11, we should therefore receive AOR next month some time ().

Does that sound feasible? I know most people are taking the timelines from actual AOR receipt, but as we are currently in the system and on ecas with a file number, then this could (I emphasize the could!) be why the extra 4 months have been added...

Maybe? Possibly? Yeah, I know it smacks of wishful thinking, we shall see - let ya know next month if we get AOR!
Old Jun 21st 2011, 5:25 pm
Forum Regular

I found this on the Web so I guess it answers my question..

The first communication issued by the Canadian immigration Processing Post is the Acknowledgment of Receipt (AOR). The AOR provides the file number assigned to the application as well as the official receipt for the processing fees paid to the consulate. The issuance of the AOR clearly indicates that the application was received at the immigration processing post and that a file has been created and opened. The AOR does NOT contain the assessment decision for the case.