Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Moved: sponsorship from within Canada

Wikiposts

Moved: sponsorship from within Canada

Old Sep 20th 2007, 11:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Moved: sponsorship from within Canada

Originally Posted by annabella
Good and interesting info as usual. Would never have thought of providing emails to prove ongoing genuine relationship. I have kept dozens fortunately. Thanks.
you are very welcome!

and to be honest...we didnt' send a GREAT load in. i have heard of many who sent a whole album of photos and many many letters to each other and emails etc.

we didn't. we sent in what was asked ..and that was that...but at the end of the day it is up to you how much and what you send in. Also i think it may be a little diffferent for Common Class and Conjugal partners, requiring to send in that little bit more proof etc.

anyhow..you sound like you have it all under control! wont' be long and it will all be behind you and you will be here sharing and helping others with their applications.......
Old Sep 20th 2007, 11:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by luda209
My IO sent me an email this morning to say my work permit was ready. He could either mail it out or I could stop by and collect it at their office. Of course I chose the latter. I now have the permit, newly stamped passport and within half an hour my new sin number as HRDC is two blocks away from CIC. I was also given the good news that I had passed the CSIS check. Apparantly it had been cleared a few months ago but they had forgot to update it. All that we`re waiting for are the medicals which were done four months ago!

I`m on the very last step, I can see the finish line
wooo hoooooo ~~~~yes wont' be long now!

and just one thing to note..when you get your PR card...i would suggest to follow up if you need to go and get a new SIN #
apparently the SIN# before your PR are different to the ones you get after you get your PR........
( unless that has changed or is different for your province)
Old Sep 20th 2007, 11:45 am
Account Closed

annabella is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Maple Leaf
you are very welcome!

and to be honest...we didnt' send a GREAT load in. i have heard of many who sent a whole album of photos and many many letters to each other and emails etc.

we didn't. we sent in what was asked ..and that was that...but at the end of the day it is up to you how much and what you send in. Also i think it may be a little diffferent for Common Class and Conjugal partners, requiring to send in that little bit more proof etc.

anyhow..you sound like you have it all under control! wont' be long and it will all be behind you and you will be here sharing and helping others with their applications.......
I t h i n k.....I have it under control but time will tell. I hope you are right and all this will soon be behind us. Next step we are probably moving back to BC so I shall be in touch with you, if you don't mind, about possibly living on the island. Think I sort of warned you early on in our mail. We know the north of BC pretty well but the island tempts us - it's all that water....... We do have some acquaintances in Ladysmith. I see from property markets that some parts of island are cheaper than others but won't waste your time expecting you to respond to that for moment. Thanks again.
Old Sep 20th 2007, 12:41 pm
Just Joined

luda209 is an unknown quantity at this point

wooo hoooooo ~~~~yes wont' be long now!

and just one thing to note..when you get your PR card...i would suggest to follow up if you need to go and get a new SIN #
apparently the SIN# before your PR are different to the ones you get after you get your PR........
( unless that has changed or is different for your province)
Yes, with a work permit you get a temporary sin beginning with a 9. I will have to see HRDC once my PR is completed for a permanent sin.
Old Sep 20th 2007, 1:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by luda209
Yes, with a work permit you get a temporary sin beginning with a 9. I will have to see HRDC once my PR is completed for a permanent sin.
Old Sep 20th 2007, 1:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by annabella
I t h i n k.....I have it under control but time will tell. I hope you are right and all this will soon be behind us. Next step we are probably moving back to BC so I shall be in touch with you, if you don't mind, about possibly living on the island. Think I sort of warned you early on in our mail. We know the north of BC pretty well but the island tempts us - it's all that water....... We do have some acquaintances in Ladysmith. I see from property markets that some parts of island are cheaper than others but won't waste your time expecting you to respond to that for moment. Thanks again.
yes!! contact me anytime..you are more than welcome to....
Old Sep 20th 2007, 3:30 pm
Account Closed

annabella is an unknown quantity at this point

yes!! contact me anytime..you are more than welcome to....
Thank you. Best wishes.