Move to Canada without job offer

Old Feb 20th 2024, 8:57 am
Just Joined

ChrisC101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Move to Canada without job offer

Hello everyone,

My family and I are currently keen to move to Canada from the UK, we are looking in Alberta area and have a recce trip booked later in the year.. My wife and son would be there full time.
From all the information I have read, having a job to go to massively increases our chances of a successful application.
Currently I work overseas in oil and gas on month on / month off rotation, and would hope to maintain this job as it provides a good level of income and would help us to settle into life in Canada. Does anyone have experience of this type of immigration and how best to document this in the application process?

Thanks in advance for any help

Chris
Old Feb 20th 2024, 10:52 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Move to Canada without job offer

Hi, welcome to BE.

If you’re talking about a PR application then it’s not really case of a job ‘massively increasing your chances’. It’s a case of either a job offer not being needed (if you’re scoring enough without one), or it absolutely being needed to get your points score up to a high enough level to get the visa. So do you need a job offer to get a visa? Not everybody does, you may be scoring enough without one. That’s the first thing to check, so check your CRS score and let us know what you get.

If you do need one, then does your current employer have Canadian operations/offices?
Old Feb 20th 2024, 12:46 pm
Just Joined

ChrisC101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi christmasoompa,

Thank you for reading and your reply. We are looking at what entry program suits us best for PR, when we have done the test scores they are around the 360 (CRS) as we do not have (direct) family in Canada, therefore a job offer would help to boost our score (we have not previously lived or worked in Canada). We are in the process of completing our English language test and do not expect any issues as we are all native speakers.
Unfortunately the company I work for no longer operates in Canada, however my longer term goal would be to work in Canada for a company that operates there.

Hope that helps to clarify my initial query.

We are yet to submit any application and plan to do this as soon as we get our test results.
Old Feb 21st 2024, 2:25 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Even with a job offer (your current job wouldn’t count if the company wasn’t in Canada), you’d be a long way off the points requirement. So I’d hold off paying for your IELTS, as you’ll need to look at other visa routes from what you’ve said. And that would probably be a work permit rather than PR, so no English exam results would be needed.
Old Feb 29th 2024, 11:13 pm
Banned

MatiasHarding is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm also looking into moving to Canada and have been researching this topic. I found out about something called Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP), which includes a specific one for Alberta called the Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP). It seems like getting a nomination from AINP can really boost your chances of getting to live in Canada permanently. Even if your job is currently in another country, showing that you plan to live in Alberta and help out economically could be a big plus for your application.
Old Mar 1st 2024, 12:40 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by MatiasHarding
I'm also looking into moving to Canada and have been researching this topic. I found out about something called Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP), which includes a specific one for Alberta called the Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP). It seems like getting a nomination from AINP can really boost your chances of getting to live in Canada permanently. Even if your job is currently in another country, showing that you plan to live in Alberta and help out economically could be a big plus for your application.
Unfortunately, showing you plan to live there isn't enough. You still need a job offer for the AINP.
Old Mar 2nd 2024, 12:25 am
Banned

MatiasHarding is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Unfortunately, showing you plan to live there isn't enough. You still need a job offer for the AINP.
What about investors? I had a chance to meet one couple at the dinner, but I don't have their contact to ask them directly. As far as I know, they moved to Calgary as investors and without job offers. Is it possible to do it this way?
Old Mar 2nd 2024, 1:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Sure, it is. Looks like you need $75K to start up a business.......

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...ess-class.html
Old Mar 2nd 2024, 2:11 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by MatiasHarding
What about investors? I had a chance to meet one couple at the dinner, but I don't have their contact to ask them directly. As far as I know, they moved to Calgary as investors and without job offers. Is it possible to do it this way?
Not under the PNP, no. And the Federal investor program was done away with years ago, there’s only business/self-employed related options now. But please let’s not derail the OP’s thread which is about visas relating to employment. If you have questions about visas, please start your own thread, thx.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Mar 2nd 2024 at 2:14 am.