Move to Canada British Columbia

Old Jul 1st 2014, 9:56 pm
Just Joined

KKeogh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Move to Canada British Columbia

Hi, Myself and my husband want to work and live in Canada in British Columbia we both have good skilled jobs my husband is a construction worker/manager with over 10 year experaince here in England.
I am a senior hairstylist also qualified to teach with over 25 years experience also have owned my own salon, we really want to go to Canada can anyone help with the quickest way to get there??
Old Jul 1st 2014, 10:09 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Move to Canada British Columbia

Hi, and welcome to BE.

Are you both by any chance aged 30 or under? If so, a one year Working Holiday Visa would be your quickest and easiest option.

If not, then you'll need another visa route, but none of them are as quick I'm afraid. What sort of timescale are you thinking of to move?

The Wiki outlines all of the visa routes, so that's your best place to start. Once you've figured out which visa you'd be going for, then feel free to come back and ask questions about it, and somebody will always try and help.

If you're a hairdresser, then another thing to look at is what you'll need to work in Canada, as I believe it's a regulated trade.

HTH, good luck.
Old Jul 1st 2014, 10:11 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Doh, I've just realised that if you have over 25 yrs experience as a hairdresser it's highly unlikely you're aged 30 or under, unless you were a very advanced 4 year old!
Old Jul 1st 2014, 10:11 pm
Just Joined

Hi no we are over 30, we were looking at the pnp we know it doesn't happen over night, but any help or info would be great! anyone who know's companies that do the pnp?
Many thanks
Old Jul 1st 2014, 10:15 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

There's no set list of companies that will support a PNP app, you'll just have to try your best to find a job offer from an employer prepared to help you with it and to wait for you.

Are you planning a job hunting trip? If so, have a read of the Job Hunting section of the Wiki for some tips. And if you're not planning one, then also have a read of the Job Hunting section of the Wiki to understand why you should be.

Best of luck.
Old Jul 1st 2014, 10:17 pm
Just Joined

will do thanks
Old Jul 1st 2014, 10:19 pm
Just Joined

have never heard of wiki?? what is it?
Old Jul 1st 2014, 10:24 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by KKeogh
have never heard of wiki?? what is it?
Follow the link in my signature (or the sticky thread on the main forum page that says 'Newcomers read me before posting' ) and all will become clear......
Old Jul 1st 2014, 10:25 pm
Just Joined

brilliant
thanks
Old Jul 2nd 2014, 1:24 pm
Just Joined

Hi christmasoompa, I am going over to Canada on the 14th of this month for a visit with fiends! any help or advice you could give me with where to start and how to go about it to get us moved to Canada we do not want to do the fsw as it takes far too long.

KKeogh
Old Jul 2nd 2014, 1:31 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by KKeogh
Hi christmasoompa, I am going over to Canada on the 14th of this month for a visit with fiends! any help or advice you could give me with where to start and how to go about it to get us moved to Canada we do not want to do the fsw as it takes far too long.
Brilliant, that sounds like a great start. Really the essential thing to do is read the Job Hunting section of the Wiki, and also understand what an employer will need to do to be able to hire you as a foreign worker. That way you can answer any questions they've got, and plan your job hunting strategy accordingly. I take it your husband is going? He's far more likely to find an employer prepared to go through the hassle/cost/paperwork of hiring him imo, so concentrate on arranging things for him if you can.

Hopefully one of you will come back with that all important job offer!

Do also look into what you need to do to become licensed, as I have a vague recollection you have to sit an exam, and that may be something you could do whilst over there.

Best of luck.
Old Jul 2nd 2014, 3:06 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Overview | Industry Training Authority
Red Seal Program | Industry Training Authority
Trade Chart / Red Seal

If you have sufficient hours (proveable) you should be eligible to challenge the exam.

If your husband is in a trade, he would need to do the same thing to have his trade recognized and secure employment.

For your trip, make an appointment to go to ITABC and discuss it, perhaps get registered so you can sit the exam when you're ready. Also good for letting employers know you are on the ball.

Last edited by Aviator; Jul 2nd 2014 at 3:09 pm.
Old Jul 20th 2014, 4:08 pm
Forum Regular

SUNSHINEGIRL_X is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi I just sent you a private message, I have an interview in Dublin for a big chain salon in Canada they may be looking for BC they are looking for 80 stylists.
Old Jul 23rd 2014, 7:59 pm
Just Joined

ontario70 is an unknown quantity at this point

With your husband working in construction you should have no problem going the PNP route, this is the route my wife and i took as i'm a maintenance engineer and was able to secure a job while still in England. the downside to this process is it can be painfully slow, we know this as it took us nearly 3 years to get into Canada.

they'll be plenty of times ahead for you both when you'll want to throw the towell in, stay positive and you'll reach your goal of getting to Canada

We were in BC for the first 2 years, one of the most beautiful places on earth, keep the faith guys
Old Jul 24th 2014, 6:43 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by ontario70
With your husband working in construction you should have no problem going the PNP route, this is the route my wife and i took as i'm a maintenance engineer and was able to secure a job while still in England. the downside to this process is it can be painfully slow, we know this as it took us nearly 3 years to get into Canada.
That would be unusual, given that most people would just go over as soon as they get nomination which takes around 12-16 weeks. So 3 years wouldn't be the norm or what the OP should expect if they went the PNP route!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.