More Info for spousal sponsorship

Old Dec 19th 2006, 9:56 pm
Just Joined

Meg Muzza is an unknown quantity at this point
Default More Info for spousal sponsorship

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has been through this situation. I applied to sponsor my husband in the family (spousal) class and was approved Aug 28 they began processing his application in London on Sept 5th. On the 22nd of sept we recieved a letter asking for a page of his appliation to be signed and sent back as well as verifying his whereabouts for certain years even though we sent an extra sheet (exactly the way they requested) with the application with all these details. They also wanted a copy of our marriage certificate. Along with all this they sent back our photos, proof of relationship etc. The letter says to allow for 3-6 months to review the new info, for anyone who has had this happen what were your experiences with the time frame? Is 3-6 months accurate? We are desperate to get the PPR soon.....

Last edited by Sue; Dec 20th 2006 at 2:28 am. Reason: Moved to Immigration forum
Old Dec 20th 2006, 2:14 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: More Info for spousal sponsorship

Originally Posted by Meg Muzza
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has been through this situation. I applied to sponsor my husband in the family (spousal) class and was approved Aug 28 they began processing his application in London on Sept 5th. On the 22nd of sept we recieved a letter asking for a page of his appliation to be signed and sent back as well as verifying his whereabouts for certain years even though we sent an extra sheet (exactly the way they requested) with the application with all these details. They also wanted a copy of our marriage certificate. Along with all this they sent back our photos, proof of relationship etc. The letter says to allow for 3-6 months to review the new info, for anyone who has had this happen what were your experiences with the time frame? Is 3-6 months accurate? We are desperate to get the PPR soon.....

Sounds like one for the immigration forum, Meg.
Old Dec 20th 2006, 4:06 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Stated time frame and requested info may indicate questions related to background and security check. If it is the case then you can't predict anything as each such case is unique and takes different time to complete all tasks.

Hello,

Old Dec 20th 2006, 11:00 am
Forum Regular

sheenoid is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Meg Muzza,

We are in a similar boat. We started processing in London on July 18. In early October we received all of our personal docs. back, along with a request for additional info. In our case, this was a stat. declaration to be signed regarding my husband's non-accompanying child. We weren't asked for anything else. We sent that back mid-October and thought we would hear much sooner but have heard nothing since....still waiting.

Keep us posted on your progress.
Old Dec 20th 2006, 11:04 am
Forum Regular

Also, I don't know about the 3-6 months. We got the same generic letter, but as it is generic, I guess it depends on what info. they need from you, and how long your background and security checks take.
Old Feb 10th 2007, 7:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

PaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to all

Hello,

Hey,

I am also in a similar situation. We just received a letter requesting my National Police Certificate (we sent the regional one). We are really hoping that it is just a generic letter and that we wont need to wait much longer (since everything else has been so quick). Anybody received their PPR yet?

Awaiting anxiously,
Paul

Immigration (Family Class) Timeline
* Nov 6, 2006 - PR application received at Mississauga
* Dec 3, 2006 - Decision made
* Dec 9, 2006 - Letter received (acceptance of sponsership)
* Dec 18, 2006 - ECAS updated with PR application 'In Process'
* Feb 7, 2007 - Letter received requesting a national police certificate (we sent local :P)
*Feb 7, 2007 - ECAS updated to 'Medical Results have been Received'
* Feb 8, 2007 - Police Certificate Received (tracking express post)
* Today - Awaiting anxiously
Old Feb 10th 2007, 7:38 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by PaulCall
Hey,

I am also in a similar situation. We just received a letter requesting my National Police Certificate (we sent the regional one). We are really hoping that it is just a generic letter and that we wont need to wait much longer (since everything else has been so quick). Anybody received their PPR yet?

Awaiting anxiously,
Paul

* Feb 7, 2007 - Letter received requesting a national police certificate (we sent local :P)
*Feb 7, 2007 - ECAS updated to 'Medical Results have been Received'
We ended up waiting another three months after sending in the requested info. Then 6 months was up since our AOR on Jan. 18th and we decided to contact them. I sent them an email on a Monday and by Friday, we had received our PPR in the post. I think that they might have forgotten about our file and the email forced them to look us up. Anyway, I think that if you are waiting for any great length of time, it is definitely worthwhile to contact them and just ask for an update. It sped things along in our case. When requests for additional info are made, I believe that they do put your file on the backburner for a while.
Old Feb 10th 2007, 8:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

PaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to all

Originally Posted by sheenoid
We ended up waiting another three months after sending in the requested info. Then 6 months was up since our AOR on Jan. 18th and we decided to contact them. I sent them an email on a Monday and by Friday, we had received our PPR in the post. I think that they might have forgotten about our file and the email forced them to look us up. Anyway, I think that if you are waiting for any great length of time, it is definitely worthwhile to contact them and just ask for an update. It sped things along in our case. When requests for additional info are made, I believe that they do put your file on the backburner for a while.
Sheenoid,

Thanks for the quick reply.

How long do you think we should wait until I contact them? Do you think 1 month would be to cheeky?

* Feb 7, 2007 - ECAS updated to 'Medical Results have been Received'
Old Feb 10th 2007, 11:52 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by PaulCall
Sheenoid,

Thanks for the quick reply.

How long do you think we should wait until I contact them? Do you think 1 month would be to cheeky?

* Feb 7, 2007 - ECAS updated to 'Medical Results have been Received'
I would maybe wait 6 weeks....it's hard to tell. If they don't feel that you've waited long enough, they simply won't respond to your email or fax. They ignore what they don't feel is important. As long as you've waited a reasonable amount of time, I think it's okay to contact them, as long as you are aware that they may not answer you.
Old Feb 11th 2007, 6:12 pm
Forum Regular

louisasurreygirl is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by sheenoid
I would maybe wait 6 weeks....it's hard to tell. If they don't feel that you've waited long enough, they simply won't respond to your email or fax. They ignore what they don't feel is important. As long as you've waited a reasonable amount of time, I think it's okay to contact them, as long as you are aware that they may not answer you.

This is something that concerns me too... I don't really want to wait the whole 6 months to contact CHC London, especially if I find out at the end of that 6 months there are a whole string of issues (why not let me know sooner, if that should be the case)... however, I don't want to piss off CHC London either, of course!!

It's just a bit of a pain personally, because my current job here in Canada is v. much dependent on my visa situation and my bunac will run out on may 31.... so don't really want to push it too close to the mark. My boss is also trying to get my contract scrapped, and have the company I work for take me on as a permanent member of staff, but there's no way I can accept that if I don't have my PR guaranteed through in the next month I'd say, and in my particular job, there's no way they'd sponsor me, so it's a bit of a bummer having to wait around on a whim to hear something (good or bad!!) from CHC!
Old Feb 11th 2007, 6:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

hey there.
hope everything goes well.....sounds like a tricky situation but fingers crossed
paul