Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Mobile crane driver jobs in Ontario

Mobile crane driver jobs in Ontario

Old Jan 1st 2017, 11:46 am
Just Joined

Col1982 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Mobile crane driver jobs in Ontario

Hi I am new to this website. Ill give you a brief history i visited Canada with my partner last year with our two girls. She is dual citizenship born in the UK and immigrated with family to Canada when she was a baby. Then they moved back to the UK. But her family got citizenship prior to returning to the UK some stayed there.

Before we went on holiday in 2016 she dealt with the Canadian consulate and obtained citizenship for our two girls. We were delighted so all three are citizens apart from me. I loved Canada! So much so I want to make a go of moving to Ontario.

I am a mobile crane operator and have a class 2 HGV licience I am also a lift supervisor and appointed person.

How would I go about finding work there? My other half will stay in the UK until I sort out employment and once that is done she will move over with the kids.

Should try to sort out employment and go over on a work visa or is it alright to ask for sponsorship from her family ?

If there is anyone that is a crane operator from the UK can you advise how you made it over there what qualifications or I would need to do and who to contact ?

Thank you for reading my post and look forward to any replies.

Colin
Old Jan 1st 2017, 12:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mobile crane driver jobs in Ontario

Originally Posted by Col1982
Hi I am new to this website. Ill give you a brief history i visited Canada with my partner last year with our two girls. She is dual citizenship born in the UK and immigrated with family to Canada when she was a baby. Then they moved back to the UK. But her family got citizenship prior to returning to the UK some stayed there.

Before we went on holiday in 2016 she dealt with the Canadian consulate and obtained citizenship for our two girls. We were delighted so all three are citizens apart from me. I loved Canada! So much so I want to make a go of moving to Ontario.

I am a mobile crane operator and have a class 2 HGV licience I am also a lift supervisor and appointed person.

How would I go about finding work there? My other half will stay in the UK until I sort out employment and once that is done she will move over with the kids.

Should try to sort out employment and go over on a work visa or is it alright to ask for sponsorship from her family ?

If there is anyone that is a crane operator from the UK can you advise how you made it over there what qualifications or I would need to do and who to contact ?

Thank you for reading my post and look forward to any replies.

Colin
You should look more carefully into your route for Canada first. I am guessing that your best / easiest (and possibly only) route into Canada would be for your wife to sponsor you under spousal sponsorship.

But the 'catch' there is that she MUST go with you when you move. You cannot go by yourself to find a job then have her follow you later.

Having said that, nothing to stop you making a job hunting holiday trip as a visitor once your paperwork is in and say 'sponsor approved' status - you would then have some certainty over move dates for any potential employer.

I am sure others can help as regards your job prospects for your skill set.
Old Jan 1st 2017, 12:56 pm
Just Joined

Hi hurlabrick thanks for your reply. We didn't know about that option. I thought if she were to sponsor me, she would have to show means to support me. Obviously with not living there we didn't even that would be an option. But I'll look into it now. Thanks again.
Colin
Old Jan 1st 2017, 12:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Col1982
Hi hurlabrick thanks for your reply. We didn't know about that option. I thought if she were to sponsor me, she would have to show means to support me. Obviously with not living there we didn't even that would be an option. But I'll look into it now. Thanks again.
Colin
Read this link
Who can apply to sponsor your spouse, partner or children
Old Jan 1st 2017, 5:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

If you haven't already, you should check out the rich vein of Wiki on this website. There is a LOAD about spousal sponsorship and stuff about job hunting etc.

Start here and work your way around:

Category:Canadian Immigration : British Expat Wiki
Old Jan 1st 2017, 6:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

Do research working in Canada by all means for the future but your route to get there right here right now is essentially going to be your wife sponsoring you for Permanent Residence. As Canadian Citizen living abroad sponsor, she'll have to provide proof that she will live in Canada with you once (on one of the forms it says "immediately") you become a Permanent Resident with the application (so she should also be researching jobs/or study programs if she needs to retrain and a realistic plan for moving back with the family).

See the new spouse application kit:

Application to sponsor your spouse, partner or dependent child

As you know, your children don't need sponsoring if they are already Canadian citizens. Only you.

S

Last edited by Snowy560; Jan 1st 2017 at 7:52 pm.
Old Jan 5th 2017, 3:33 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Just one more to say that sponsorship is the way to go. Your wife just has not be bankrupt and not on welfare, there's no minimum income or anything like that otherwise. You'll get your PR within about a year or so, and that will make applying for jobs a thousand times easier since you'll already have right to work.

So your first step is get the application package, work out all the supporting stuff you need (police certificates, supporting documentation, and so on). That'll take you a bit of time to amass it all and get your application organized, then post it off, and you'll have your PR within about a year.

And while you're waiting you can do your research, recce trip, contact recruiters, all that sort of thing.

So exciting!!

And post back if and when you need some help!
Old Jan 9th 2017, 3:12 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
Just one more to say that sponsorship is the way to go. Your wife just has not be bankrupt and not on welfare, there's no minimum income or anything like that otherwise. You'll get your PR within about a year or so, and that will make applying for jobs a thousand times easier since you'll already have right to work.

So your first step is get the application package, work out all the supporting stuff you need (police certificates, supporting documentation, and so on). That'll take you a bit of time to amass it all and get your application organized, then post it off, and you'll have your PR within about a year.

And while you're waiting you can do your research, recce trip, contact recruiters, all that sort of thing.

So exciting!!

And post back if and when you need some help!
Thank you very much. It's brilliant news about the spousal sponsorship , we didn't know that could be done whilst living in the UK.

We both work full time and not had any if the above problems. It is really exciting that our dream will be a reality in a year or so time!

Now comes the fun part researching what we have to do when leaving the UK and what had be done on arrival to Ontario.

Thank you everyone for your replies. This is a great site even reading about others experiences.

Colin
Old Jan 9th 2017, 5:54 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

There's a wiki section on moving logistics too!

Category:Moving Logistics-Canada : British Expat Wiki