Military Service

Old Aug 26th 2008, 12:40 pm
Forum Regular

jwsadler is a jewel in the roughjwsadler is a jewel in the roughjwsadler is a jewel in the roughjwsadler is a jewel in the roughjwsadler is a jewel in the rough
Default Military Service Question

Hi there,

In my original application I mentioned that I was in the TA (UOTC) at university in the UK. I was in the TA for about two years. I have put this down in Schedule 1 under military service - is this correct? Or should I have put it under associations, etc.?

Regards,

James.

Last edited by jwsadler; Aug 26th 2008 at 12:46 pm.
Old Aug 26th 2008, 1:56 pm
Forum Regular

leecyndisanders is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Military Service

Hi,

I'm still serving (regular) and beileve the UOTC to be an organisation, such as the ACF, CCF. Although you are essentialy part of the TA the UOTC is non deployable.

If you have not yet sent your application you may be best of contacting your HQ or nearest recruitment office and confirming whether any time served with the UOTC is counted as service.

Sorry I couldn't be any more help, but I will speak to a few officers this evening and see if I can get you a more definitive answer.
Old Aug 26th 2008, 2:25 pm
Forum Regular

jwsadler is a jewel in the roughjwsadler is a jewel in the roughjwsadler is a jewel in the roughjwsadler is a jewel in the roughjwsadler is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by leecyndisanders
Hi,

I'm still serving (regular) and beileve the UOTC to be an organisation, such as the ACF, CCF. Although you are essentialy part of the TA the UOTC is non deployable.

If you have not yet sent your application you may be best of contacting your HQ or nearest recruitment office and confirming whether any time served with the UOTC is counted as service.

Sorry I couldn't be any more help, but I will speak to a few officers this evening and see if I can get you a more definitive answer.
Hi leecyndisanders,

Many thanks for your response and your kind offer of help.

You prompted me to contact Cardiff UOTC - which was my HQ many years ago - and believe it or not . UOTC membership is considered to be miltary service. If you do managed to talk to anyone, I would be interested in a confirmation of this.

Many thanks,

James.
Old Aug 26th 2008, 4:08 pm
Forum Regular

kiddy2ns has a brilliant futurekiddy2ns has a brilliant futurekiddy2ns has a brilliant futurekiddy2ns has a brilliant futurekiddy2ns has a brilliant futurekiddy2ns has a brilliant future

Hi
I can not remember were to put this information on your application but dont forget to get your military police check. They do not cost anything just give them any information to identify you and it takes about 2 weeks.
From I believe, do check
Service Police Crime Bureau
Defence Collage of Police Guarding
Basset Wilson Building
Postal Point 24 Southwick Park
Fareham
Hampshire
PO17 6EJ

Your service record comes from somewhere glasgow if I remember right.
Hope this was of some help.
Old Aug 26th 2008, 4:31 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by kiddy2ns
Hi
I can not remember were to put this information on your application but dont forget to get your military police check. They do not cost anything just give them any information to identify you and it takes about 2 weeks.
From I believe, do check
Service Police Crime Bureau
Defence Collage of Police Guarding
Basset Wilson Building
Postal Point 24 Southwick Park
Fareham
Hampshire
PO17 6EJ

Your service record comes from somewhere glasgow if I remember right.
Hope this was of some help.
Hi kiddy2ns,

Thank-you ever-so much! I would have missed that. To be honest I don't have much information to offer them, but hopefully with my name being fairly unique (only approx. 30 of us world-wide), I hope that it won't be too much of a problem. Do you know if they require any photos (like police check)?

Many thanks,

James.

Last edited by jwsadler; Aug 26th 2008 at 4:32 pm. Reason: Typo
Old Aug 26th 2008, 5:49 pm
Forum Regular

kiddy2ns has a brilliant futurekiddy2ns has a brilliant futurekiddy2ns has a brilliant futurekiddy2ns has a brilliant futurekiddy2ns has a brilliant futurekiddy2ns has a brilliant future

Hi
All the information they really require is
Name
Rank
Number (sounds like something from Dads Army You know the one "dont tell him Pike")
Dates of service,
Unit
There is no need for phots.
I gave them my Nation insurance number as well but dont know if it was really required but it did not do any harm.