Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Memebers from the UK - timelines please

Memebers from the UK - timelines please

Old Dec 11th 2002, 10:45 am
Forum Regular

iancurtis is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Memebers from the UK - timelines please

Who here is from the UK ? What's your story ? When did apply and what's your timeline been so far ?

We applied in September 2001, got AOR in November, did medicals in May and paid ROLF in August. Since then heard nothing.

I'm assuming that by being asked to go for medicals, we don't have to have an interview ?

We're hoping to head to Vancouver or surrounding area.

Anyone else from the UK ?
Old Dec 12th 2002, 12:29 am
Cynically amused.

dingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond repute

Yes - but sponsoring my parents. I got PR in 1991. Their timeline was applied March 2002, AOR June 18th(?) 2002, medicals requested September (they did them around beginning November) and now we wait. I am hoping that they will be here by Feb!! P.S. Unless you have a job I would steer clear of Vancouver. Wannabe city with good views and not much else I am afraid!

Last edited by dingbat; Dec 12th 2002 at 12:32 am.
Old Dec 12th 2002, 3:31 pm
Forum Regular

Anne has a brilliant futureAnne has a brilliant futureAnne has a brilliant futureAnne has a brilliant futureAnne has a brilliant futureAnne has a brilliant futureAnne has a brilliant future
Default Re: Memebers from the UK - timelines please

I sent off my PR application to London CHC on 1 August 2001; got AOR two weeks later; did medical on 9th May; got phone call from London CHC to confirm postal address on 11th Oct; received further info on 12th Oct; sent passport off to London CHC on 15th Oct via recorded delievery; received big brown envelope with visa on 2nd November.

hope the above helps. i think you'll be hearing from them very soon.

Originally posted by iancurtis
Who here is from the UK ? What's your story ? When did apply and what's your timeline been so far ?

We applied in September 2001, got AOR in November, did medicals in May and paid ROLF in August. Since then heard nothing.

I'm assuming that by being asked to go for medicals, we don't have to have an interview ?

We're hoping to head to Vancouver or surrounding area.

Anyone else from the UK ?
Old Dec 12th 2002, 3:37 pm
Cynically amused.

dingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond repute

Can I ask why they called if they had your address? My parents have just given up their housing association flat as they otherwise had to sign up for another year. They have given a friends address as contact as they have no other in the UK now - will this cause a problem do you think? It worries me a bit that they are technically NFA in the UK even they have a place here!
Old Dec 12th 2002, 4:07 pm
Forum Regular

Anne has a brilliant futureAnne has a brilliant futureAnne has a brilliant futureAnne has a brilliant futureAnne has a brilliant futureAnne has a brilliant futureAnne has a brilliant future

you have no worries at all. i changed address in the middle of my application thats all. i sent about 3 or 4 faxes informing them of this change and i think the initial two were lost in the filing. they just wanted to double check and i'm glad they did. it was comforting just speaking to a human being at the CHC. up until then we felt completely ignored!! good luck, i think you will soon be on your way.Originally posted by dingbat
Can I ask why they called if they had your address? My parents have just given up their housing association flat as they otherwise had to sign up for another year. They have given a friends address as contact as they have no other in the UK now - will this cause a problem do you think? It worries me a bit that they are technically NFA in the UK even they have a place here!
Old Dec 12th 2002, 8:49 pm
Forum Regular

Sonny is an unknown quantity at this point

Skilled category in CHC LOndon

Dec 2001
Aor Recd: in JAn 2002

Waiting after that no news till today.....................

Hope is still alive .....some where!!!!!!!!!!!!!.........
Old Dec 13th 2002, 1:58 pm
Jason Tomlins

Default Re: Memebers from the UK - timelines please

applied london june 11 2001
aor - june 30
medicals aug 4th

LONG PERIOD WAITING FOR FBI (USA) POLICE CLEARANCE - couldnt read
certified finger prints (5 attempts)

prints sent of in jan 2002
visa march 2002

Old Dec 13th 2002, 6:00 pm
ericd

Skilled category in CHC London

July 2001
Aor Recd: in End of July 2001
Interview Start of October 2002
Medical End of October 2002

Waiting for results..................... e-client still only has the interview date on it.

I was also only given 16 days notice for the interview and got the notice late due to moving house. Even thou the form said 1-3 months notice for interview.