meds tomorrow!!!!!!!!!

Old Mar 20th 2005, 4:55 pm
Banned

maple is just really nicemaple is just really nicemaple is just really nicemaple is just really nicemaple is just really nicemaple is just really nicemaple is just really nicemaple is just really nicemaple is just really nicemaple is just really nicemaple is just really nice
Default meds tomorrow!!!!!!!!!

Help - meds tomorrow all very nervous. Are having them in Upminster Essex - 2 adults and 3 kids - anyone got any useful advice? Thanks
Old Mar 20th 2005, 5:19 pm
Every day is a new day...

amancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: meds tomorrow!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by maple
Help - meds tomorrow all very nervous. Are having them in Upminster Essex - 2 adults and 3 kids - anyone got any useful advice? Thanks
the only advice is that u dont worry as there is nothing to panic!! just an x-ray and blood tests!!
if no one suffers frm any disease, then no worries at all!!
cheers
Old Mar 20th 2005, 6:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

frankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud of

Pretend you're in labour....lots of deep breaths and plenty of water for the urine test.
Good luck
frankieforehead
Old Mar 20th 2005, 6:29 pm
Curiously Wise

Jingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by frankieforehead
Pretend you're in labour....lots of deep breaths and plenty of water for the urine test.
Good luck
frankieforehead
And I think someone said once (for females only) wear big pants ....!!!

Good luck, Jen
Old Mar 20th 2005, 6:40 pm
The ECA Godfather

MJ23 will become famous soon enough

My advice to you is RELAX! I was nervous like you, so I registered a little bit of high blood pressure. It wasn't much, and the Dr. said it was because I was nervous from the test itself!

Did I ever mention that I generally hate going to hospitals?
Old Mar 20th 2005, 7:13 pm
Just Joined

Discoverynew is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by frankieforehead
Good luck
frankieforehead
I would not advice to drink plenty of water in the case if you have problems with high blood pressure: liquid increases the blood pressure.
Good luck!!!
Old Mar 20th 2005, 8:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

wensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nice

Hi Maple,
good luck, you will be fine. There is nothing to worry about. My son had a temperature the day of our medicals, but he got through it ok. Let us know how you get on.
Old Mar 20th 2005, 8:34 pm
Forum Regular

ross&carolyn has a brilliant futureross&carolyn has a brilliant futureross&carolyn has a brilliant futureross&carolyn has a brilliant futureross&carolyn has a brilliant futureross&carolyn has a brilliant future

We went for ours three weeks ago - 2 adults and 3 children as well!!! It was far easier than I expected. I went in first, took about 40 mins but then I stayed with the doctor and went through all the childrens question and answer forms so when they went in it was much quicker for them as all he had left to do was the physical stuff with them so they were only in for about 10 mins each then. My ten year old son was a bit suprised at the testicle check!! My eight year old daughter thought it was fun, especially when she had to jump and then hop around the room (checking co-ordination!!) My 21 month old was not impressed at all and started crying as soon as he produced the stethoscope!
My husband went in last (and very pleased at being able to hand over 3 kids going mad in the waiting room to me!)

I don't know how old your kids are but I would say take lots of snacks and drinks and toys for them as three hours in the waiting room is very long and very boring !!!

Good luck

Carolyn
Old Mar 20th 2005, 9:57 pm
Forum Regular

Canada Bound is on a distinguished road

Good luck for tomorrow, we had ours in Liverpool yesterday and although very thorough not as bad as we were expecting. Having 2 children I agree with Carolyn, take some goodies for the children as the waiting is a real long time. For us, my husband went first, then me and then I went through all the paperwork for the boys and then they were both seen each in turn, over 3 hours later we were all done(and a few quid lighter!!!!). Would thoroughly recommend Dr. MacKean in Liverpool to anyone in the North West for his relaxed manner and his child friendly attitude.
Hope all goes well and let us know how it goes.
Old Mar 20th 2005, 10:30 pm
Premium Member

Tiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of light

Don't worry - there is nothing to them. My daughter took a book and some colouring stuff. We all went in together and doctor just checked us out in turn. Whatwith the x-rays and blood tests, it took about 3 hours in total but we were wandering around from department to department so didn't seem like as long.
Old Mar 21st 2005, 4:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Majj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really nice

It should be a doddle! I think I might have done medicals for something in that surgery.
Old Mar 21st 2005, 6:16 am
BE Enthusiast

wensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nice

Originally Posted by Canada Bound
Good luck for tomorrow, we had ours in Liverpool yesterday and although very thorough not as bad as we were expecting. Having 2 children I agree with Carolyn, take some goodies for the children as the waiting is a real long time. For us, my husband went first, then me and then I went through all the paperwork for the boys and then they were both seen each in turn, over 3 hours later we were all done(and a few quid lighter!!!!). Would thoroughly recommend Dr. MacKean in Liverpool to anyone in the North West for his relaxed manner and his child friendly attitude.
Hope all goes well and let us know how it goes.
Hi,
we aslo went to Dr Mackean on the 5th March, and yes he was very thorough, but good. We took a video for our 4 year old son, he watched abit of it, but he did want to explore the big house they had. Do take some things for your children maple, we were there from 11am to 2 pm, so i did take a little pack lunch for him. You will be fine, let us know how you get on.
Old Mar 21st 2005, 4:43 pm
Banned

maple is just really nicemaple is just really nicemaple is just really nicemaple is just really nicemaple is just really nicemaple is just really nicemaple is just really nicemaple is just really nicemaple is just really nicemaple is just really nicemaple is just really nice

Hello everyone - Thanks for all the advice. Well we survived! All was ok - Edward who is 8 was also a bit surprised at the testicle check and growled very loudly 'whys he touching my privates?' Luckily enough the doctor saw the funny side. It took just over an hour at the surgery and then we went to the local hospital for x-rays. While waiting (all of 20mins) hubby got talking to another guy and his family who are also going to Canada. They applied 18 months ago under skilled worker - they also had three kids although slightly older than ours - and like us can't wait to go for very similar reasons!
Old Mar 21st 2005, 4:50 pm
Every day is a new day...

amancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond repute

Hello everyone - Thanks for all the advice. Well we survived! All was ok - Edward who is 8 was also a bit surprised at the testicle check and growled very loudly 'whys he touching my privates?' Luckily enough the doctor saw the funny side. It took just over an hour at the surgery and then we went to the local hospital for x-rays. While waiting (all of 20mins) hubby got talking to another guy and his family who are also going to Canada. They applied 18 months ago under skilled worker - they also had three kids although slightly older than ours - and like us can't wait to go for very similar reasons!
SEE, everything went fine
u were freaking out fr nothing!!!!!
U have cracked it mate....
its time u go to a pub and enjoy
PP request is on its way!!! am i talking too much????
maybe!
Old Mar 21st 2005, 6:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

frankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud of

Excellent...in two - three weeks time you should have your Passport request...depends how much holiday CHC take for easter. But you're there now....CONGRATULATIONS