Meds request

Old Nov 9th 2006, 12:44 am
Forum Regular

ABL25 will become famous soon enoughABL25 will become famous soon enough
Smile Meds request

We just got our meds request from London with request for landing fee. They haven't requested anything else and have returned all of our original docs. It looks like they have made their decision (barring medical problems )

We had previously got the letter stating that our file would be looked at by June 07. They seem to be ahead of time at the moment!!

For your info.
AOR 7th Nov 2004.

Does anyone know how long London is currently taking to process the Passport request & visas after receiving the meds??

Thanks from a very happy chappie
Old Nov 9th 2006, 1:10 am
Ski Bum

SkiBum will become famous soon enoughSkiBum will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Meds request

Wow, that is good.

Do you know when you applied?
Old Nov 9th 2006, 2:38 am
Forum Regular

marhaba is an unknown quantity at this point

Happy for OP.

However have to wonder if London anymore review applications in chronological order (with earlier reviewed first).

My AOR is Oct 4, and no news so far from London.

Whats am I missing?

When I started this process, I had no white hairs on head.

Originally Posted by ABL25

For your info.
AOR 7th Nov 2004.
Old Nov 9th 2006, 3:16 am
Forum Regular

Scotty1972 will become famous soon enoughScotty1972 will become famous soon enough

We just got our meds request from London with request for landing fee. They haven't requested anything else and have returned all of our original docs. It looks like they have made their decision (barring medical problems )

We had previously got the letter stating that our file would be looked at by June 07. They seem to be ahead of time at the moment!!

For your info.
AOR 7th Nov 2004.

Does anyone know how long London is currently taking to process the Passport request & visas after receiving the meds??

Congratulations ABL 25

what kind of application have you made? - skilled worker?

rgds scotty 1972
Old Nov 9th 2006, 4:45 am
Forum Regular

Hi,
we applied under the skilled worker scheme from London.
AOR Nov 7 2004
Sold house in London UK - June '05
Gave up jobs in UK - July '05
July '05 - Moved out to Kelowna BC with study permit (wife) & work permit (me) - as we didn't want to wait in UK
August '05 - Sept '05 sat on beach and enjoyed the summer
Sept '05 - thought about finding a job!!
Sept '05 found a job. Wife went to college
Dec '05 - bought house
March '06 - received June 07 delay letter
Today
Tomorrow - booking medicals
PPR - ??
Visa - ??

Bit of a relaxed attitude to the risks that we took, as nothing is guaranteed until the passport is stamped with the visa (we might still yet fail the meds (although we think that we are in good health)).

Wishing speed to all the other applications. This story does at least show that CIC are making efforts to get through the backlog, and that even with a June '07 delay letter, you might yet get things through quicker.

Alex

Originally Posted by Scotty1972
Congratulations ABL 25

what kind of application have you made? - skilled worker?

rgds scotty 1972
Old Nov 9th 2006, 5:32 am
Forum Regular

shri_ram is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
we applied under the skilled worker scheme from London.
AOR Nov 7 2004
Sold house in London UK - June '05
Gave up jobs in UK - July '05
July '05 - Moved out to Kelowna BC with study permit (wife) & work permit (me) - as we didn't want to wait in UK
August '05 - Sept '05 sat on beach and enjoyed the summer
Sept '05 - thought about finding a job!!
Sept '05 found a job. Wife went to college
Dec '05 - bought house
March '06 - received June 07 delay letter
Today
Tomorrow - booking medicals
PPR - ??
Visa - ??

Bit of a relaxed attitude to the risks that we took, as nothing is guaranteed until the passport is stamped with the visa (we might still yet fail the meds (although we think that we are in good health)).

Wishing speed to all the other applications. This story does at least show that CIC are making efforts to get through the backlog, and that even with a June '07 delay letter, you might yet get things through quicker.

Alex
Great news ABL. Mine also Nov 2004 AOR with june 2007 Delay letter. Planning to send email to CIC London to enquire if any additional docs required
Old Nov 9th 2006, 7:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

For your info.
AOR 7th Nov 2004.

Congratulations

We had our medicals on 8 August and have not had PPR as of yet but, following contact from CHC yesterday, PPR should be fairly imminent

Best of luck with the meds
Old Nov 9th 2006, 4:04 pm
Forum Regular

Mayur Patel is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by shri_ram
Great news ABL. Mine also Nov 2004 AOR with june 2007 Delay letter. Planning to send email to CIC London to enquire if any additional docs required
Not to forget there are many SW applicants like myself who have a Aug 04 still waiting to hear from CHC London, we have got delay letters indicating Dec 06.

Looks like they have no order in which they are reviewing applications.

In your case ABL, could it be because you have got permits and already found jobs in Canada CHC have decided to hand you your PR as you have already established.

We just keep on waiting.....for many months.
Old Nov 9th 2006, 4:44 pm
Here at last!!!

sydney has a brilliant futuresydney has a brilliant futuresydney has a brilliant futuresydney has a brilliant futuresydney has a brilliant futuresydney has a brilliant futuresydney has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Mayur Patel

In your case ABL, could it be because you have got permits and already found jobs in Canada CHC have decided to hand you your PR as you have already established.

We just keep on waiting.....for many months.
No that can't be the reason. We are in the same position, in Canada with jobs for the last 18 months and we have still heard nothing.

Our delay letter quoted a date a good six months before the OP's and I know that there are a lot of people quoted dates in between who haven't heard anything. They just appear to be doing them whenever they feel like it.
Old Nov 9th 2006, 5:17 pm
Forum Regular

scott&jay is a jewel in the roughscott&jay is a jewel in the roughscott&jay is a jewel in the roughscott&jay is a jewel in the rough

For your info.
AOR 7th Nov 2004.

Hi

We waited 3 months from medical to PPR and it was a long and stressful wait indeed, so strap yourself in for that! A few of us with the same time line had medicals within days of each other and then our PPR's all came together too, so it does look like 12 weeks is about average at the moment.

We sent our passports off the same day we got the PPR, which was 2 weeks ago and still no news from CHC but they warn it can be up to 60 days :scared: Hope it isn't that long!!! Well done on getting your med request and fingers crossed it all goes quickly for you.

Scott
Old Nov 9th 2006, 7:00 pm
Forum Regular

Mayur Patel is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sydney
No that can't be the reason. We are in the same position, in Canada with jobs for the last 18 months and we have still heard nothing.

Our delay letter quoted a date a good six months before the OP's and I know that there are a lot of people quoted dates in between who haven't heard anything. They just appear to be doing them whenever they feel like it.

Sydney:- I was wondering what the requirements are to obtain a Canadian work permit? I was told by someone that Permits are not available for anyone above the 35yro age group. Is this true?

Where can I find this information online? any links?

Because if I don't hear from CHC I was thinking of also going there on Permit while they decide to review and process my application. The main reason being that I have potential employers quite keen on wanting to invite me for a job interview if I am on the ground there.

MP
Old Nov 10th 2006, 3:14 am
Forum Regular

Hi Scott & Jay,
thanks for the timeline. We're off to the UK at Christmas and didn't want to delay the sending off of passports. But as the timeline for receiving the PPR is about 12 weeks, we don't have an issue. Bet you can't wait to receive your passports back!!
Alex
Originally Posted by scott&jay
Hi

We waited 3 months from medical to PPR and it was a long and stressful wait indeed, so strap yourself in for that! A few of us with the same time line had medicals within days of each other and then our PPR's all came together too, so it does look like 12 weeks is about average at the moment.

We sent our passports off the same day we got the PPR, which was 2 weeks ago and still no news from CHC but they warn it can be up to 60 days :scared: Hope it isn't that long!!! Well done on getting your med request and fingers crossed it all goes quickly for you.

Scott
Old Nov 10th 2006, 7:26 am
Account Closed

woofwoof is an unknown quantity at this point

For your info.
AOR 7th Nov 2004.

Nice one abl

The chc received our meds on 4th august and we got ppr's yesterday......thats nowt to go by though.....quite often some people receive them in about a month
Old Nov 10th 2006, 8:25 am
Suzy Q

Suzyanne has much to be proud ofSuzyanne has much to be proud ofSuzyanne has much to be proud ofSuzyanne has much to be proud ofSuzyanne has much to be proud ofSuzyanne has much to be proud ofSuzyanne has much to be proud ofSuzyanne has much to be proud ofSuzyanne has much to be proud ofSuzyanne has much to be proud ofSuzyanne has much to be proud of

For your info.
AOR 7th Nov 2004.

Congrats ABL25,

We too are Nov 04 Applied & AOR, got letter for updated info 1st Nov 06 after no correspondence since application, hoping to be in Calgary by April 2007
Old Nov 12th 2006, 5:23 pm
Vancouver bound

Dozkat is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,

New here and saw your post. For what its worth our timeline is exact same as yours and we haven't heard anything either, not even a delay letter. Was increasingly concerned that file had gone astray so made a visit to CHC London early one morning last month to be told that they couldn't tell us anything, and then get turned away again. Certainly not worth taking a day off work and leaving the house at 6am for!!

Originally Posted by marhaba
Happy for OP.

However have to wonder if London anymore review applications in chronological order (with earlier reviewed first).

My AOR is Oct 4, and no news so far from London.

Whats am I missing?

When I started this process, I had no white hairs on head.