British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Meds - can you go in with children? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/meds-can-you-go-children-649751/)

singingringingtree Jan 17th 2010 3:45 pm

Meds - can you go in with children?

Our meds are coming up and I was just wondering if I am able to go in to see the doctor with my two youngsters, aged 13 and 15.

FlirtyKnickers Jan 17th 2010 3:50 pm

Re: Meds - can you go in with children?

Originally Posted by singingringingtree (Post 8256612)
Our meds are coming up and I was just wondering if I am able to go in to see the doctor with my two youngsters, aged 13 and 15.

We have two son's....my eldest was 14 at the time and he went in alone, my husband went in with my 11 year old...... I'm sure he doctor won't mind you going in with them,...:thumbup:

singingringingtree Jan 17th 2010 4:13 pm

Thanks for that FlirtyKnickers.

PMM Jan 17th 2010 5:46 pm

Hi

Originally Posted by singingringingtree (Post 8256683)
Thanks for that FlirtyKnickers.

Ask your children as well at 13 and 15 they might not appreciate mother being part of the exam.

fledermaus Jan 17th 2010 6:10 pm

Legally the children have the right to chose whether or not you are with them in the room.

singingringingtree Jan 17th 2010 7:51 pm

Originally Posted by PMM (Post 8256852)
Hi

Ask your children as well at 13 and 15 they might not appreciate mother being part of the exam.

My daughter (15) wants me to, my son has a tendancy to say things for effect and, while he has no medical conditions, I am just worried what he might say!

drivemel2 Jan 18th 2010 8:37 am

We all went in together, our Dr was great and we a had a bit of a laugh which kept all the blood pressures down! When he wanted to do the examinations he just took the individual behind a screen.

Sam-in-Okotoks Jan 18th 2010 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by drivemel2 (Post 8258412)
We all went in together, our Dr was great and we a had a bit of a laugh which kept all the blood pressures down! When he wanted to do the examinations he just took the individual behind a screen.

This is exactly how it happened with the 4 of us !!

Brooko Jan 19th 2010 2:09 pm

We also had a great Dr who calmed us all doen, we went in together and had exams in the same room, there wasnt anything that had to be done in private. It will all depend on what medical conditions if any you have to what you have done to be honest. good luck its worth it in the end:thumbsup:

Brooko Jan 19th 2010 2:11 pm

obviously spelling is not a medical condition though catching!!! sorry will check my next entry:rofl: