Wikiposts

Medicals - when to submit

Old Jul 5th 2013, 8:48 pm
Finding my Canadian Feet

AnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Medicals - when to submit

I'm a little unclear as to when to get the medical done for my husband (outland sponsorship of him).

It seems like some people wait to be contacted for one? Or is it the norm to submit one with the pack.

We're aiming to have the paperwork ready to go within the next two weeks, hubby is sending for the police report on monday - now wondering about the medical.

Cheers
AM
Old Jul 5th 2013, 11:43 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medicals - when to submit

Originally Posted by AnneMarieC
I'm a little unclear as to when to get the medical done for my husband (outland sponsorship of him).

It seems like some people wait to be contacted for one? Or is it the norm to submit one with the pack.

We're aiming to have the paperwork ready to go within the next two weeks, hubby is sending for the police report on monday - now wondering about the medical.

Cheers
AM
With a spousal (family) application you are required to send the Medical receipt with the application.

If you read through the document checklist (and instructions for filling out the forms) it is quite specific.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3901e.pdf
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...toc.asp#3999E2

Old Jul 6th 2013, 12:30 am
Finding my Canadian Feet

AnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Siouxie ... sometimes I can't see for looking! Tsk.

<slinks away>
Old Jul 6th 2013, 12:48 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Siouxie ... sometimes I can't see for looking! Tsk.

<slinks away>
Don't worry, we have all experienced that, lol.

Old Jul 8th 2013, 7:42 am
The ride never ends

orly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers
AM
In advance - you're required to supply the "receipt" for want of a better word in your package.

The Doctor supplies the results themselves directly to CIC (I believe it goes to Ottawa) so all being well once your application starts getting looked at they should be able to match you up with the medical results.

Always best to get the medical and police checks done just before you're ready to post everything as they both have "validity" dates and you'd want to maximize this length of time. Seems this is what you're already doing based on what you said.

Don't believe it takes long to get the medical arranged. I was able to get one within a few days. Less than an hours work for the Doctor and they can charge a decent sum for it. I've heard Doctors in other countries can really get the arm in and charge high.
Old Jul 8th 2013, 9:23 am
Finding my Canadian Feet

Any ideas of roughly how much they'd charge? Ballpark? All the panel drs in London are based in Knightsbridge <gulp>
Old Jul 8th 2013, 9:29 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Any ideas of roughly how much they'd charge? Ballpark? All the panel drs in London are based in Knightsbridge <gulp>
Figure about £250 as a rough guide, so a small drop in the ocean of immigration costs but certainly not cheap!

I don't think the Knightsbridge DMP charges any more than the rest in the UK btw, they're all pretty similar costs.

Old Jul 8th 2013, 9:31 am
Finding my Canadian Feet

urgh!

thanks
Old Jul 8th 2013, 9:32 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

urgh!

thanks
Don't worry, it'll soon get lost amid the thousands and thousands you'll spend.
Old Jul 15th 2013, 3:46 am
Forum Regular

otoro is an unknown quantity at this point

to jump in on this thread my gf arrived on her IEC visa end of march this year, with a work permit for anything except child care/teaching etc. as she didn't do the medical with her app then. she wants to do child care now (was an early years teacher in UK) in toronto - has anybody had any experience with changing the status of an IEC visa to lift those restrictions off??

after several calls with CIC (my god everyone said different things each time) we gathered that she could change her status, she'd just have to get a medical done at one of the panel physicians in toronto, send in a 'Change Conditions, Extend My Stay or Remain in Canada as a Worker' (IMM5710) application and letter explaining she wants the restrictions lifted because she wants to apply for early years jobs. one person said there will be a fee of $150, another said $0. ***** knows, really. so anyway we sent all that in by letter as we can't do it online, and it has almost been two months since. i've called numerous times and they've said the applications processing is still two months behind so just waiting for a response from them saying they've actually received the package.

are we doing the right thing? they're so sketchy on the phone it's so hard to get a black and white answer, and that IMM5710 doesn't specifically have a place to state we want to change the restrictions only, because the visa is still valid for a good 9 months. any experiences/advice would be much appreciated... i hope we've done the right thing and now wasted all this time!!
Old Jul 15th 2013, 4:00 am
The ride never ends

orly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond repute

Hard to tell.

From memory when my parents went through the Skilled Worker process a few years ago they got stung for about a grand in total between the two of them. Being in Northern Ireland there seems to be only one authorized Doc so he presumably charges whatever he liked.

On the flip side I got a medical done in Canada and it cost $177 (barely 110 quid) for the examination, bloodwork and x-rays.