Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

My situation has changed dramatically

My situation has changed dramatically

Old Oct 28th 2012, 6:19 pm
Just Joined

stuckinamess is an unknown quantity at this point
Default My situation has changed dramatically

Hello, I have had to post this from a new account as i cant risk being found out.

Basically i was on here around 18-20 months ago to get my immigration sorted as my wife was a canadian. With your advise this got done successfully.

Last year in Jan we got married, immigration was done by october.

I went to Canada to get her, she came back with me to england to meet my friends and family. This is where things went to shit.

This girl was aggressive and violent. Completely psycho. She shown signs of this in canada but her family assured me it was stress due to the wedding. She stayed with me in england till jan, where i occupied her and flew her back (all the paperwork got completed at the airport I have my PR card). I have already committed to moving to Canada. Ive sold my car / House and I am staying with a relative. I want to move but i dont want to live with her. I want a divorce.

Can I get a divorce when i go to Canada or am I stuck in england? She is threatening to come here with her brothers and take me back to hers.

I have kept phone logs / audio recordings / photos of her violence and aggression. I really need a way out.

Thank you for reading.

Edit: My pr card runs out in Marc 2017. Whats the latest i can move across without having to reapply and go onto citizenship? March 2015?

Last edited by stuckinamess; Oct 28th 2012 at 6:27 pm.
Old Oct 28th 2012, 8:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

AdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: My situation has changed dramatically

Uh-oh!

I could be flip and say, "Well, ya' made your bed - now go lie in it" but that won't be very helpful.

If you have PR and a few $$ then why not go to Canada and do a runner - far, far away from her? Otherwise, as you said, March 2015 is the latest you can leave moving to Canada and still retain PR...but that cuts it fine and wouldn't allow for any time out of the country in case of emergency, insolvency, whatever.

Tough call...
Old Oct 28th 2012, 8:38 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by AdrianR
Uh-oh!

I could be flip and say, "Well, ya' made your bed - now go lie in it" but that won't be very helpful.

If you have PR and a few $$ then why not go to Canada and do a runner - far, far away from her? Otherwise, as you said, March 2015 is the latest you can leave moving to Canada and still retain PR...but that cuts it fine and wouldn't allow for any time out of the country in case of emergency, insolvency, whatever.

Tough call...
I know What about the divorce and stuff? how does that affect me? Shes in BC and i ideally want to go to ontario (lots of it work)
Old Oct 28th 2012, 9:17 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stuckinamess
I know What about the divorce and stuff? how does that affect me? Shes in BC and i ideally want to go to ontario (lots of it work)
The regs have just been changed... have a look at http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=775836

I'm no expert but since you've been married a while I don't think this matters to you. Also you can get divorced wherever but in your position I would think twice. It'd cost you two arms and a leg.
Old Oct 28th 2012, 10:27 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmm if this is a genuine enquiry and she really is a pscho b***c, then you don't owe her anything.

You can move anywhere in Canada you want to as you are a pr - I'd suggest Inuvik - and begin divorce proceedings. I have no idea if it will come out during the proceedings where abouts you are - but it's a big country and her and her crony brothers shouldn't be able to find you - unless they suspect you are / have undertaken marriage fraud - in which case they might want to kill you on their sisters behalf.
Old Oct 28th 2012, 11:13 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

She stayed with me in england till jan, where i occupied her and flew her back (all the paperwork got completed at the airport I have my PR card).
You did what?

She is threatening to come here with her brothers and take me back to hers.
Have you spoken to old bill?

I have kept phone logs / audio recordings / photos of her violence and aggression.
Maybe talk to old bill?
Old Oct 28th 2012, 11:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

AdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Aviator
...Maybe talk to old bill?
Really? What are the chances of the bill even being remotely interested?
Old Oct 28th 2012, 11:49 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
Hmmm if this is a genuine enquiry and she really is a pscho b***c, then you don't owe her anything.

You can move anywhere in Canada you want to as you are a pr - I'd suggest Inuvik - and begin divorce proceedings. I have no idea if it will come out during the proceedings where abouts you are - but it's a big country and her and her crony brothers shouldn't be able to find you - unless they suspect you are / have undertaken marriage fraud - in which case they might want to kill you on their sisters behalf.
He can request to use the court address, a friends' address or a divorce companies address for the court documentation. There is no need to reveal his home address. I have had to do the same thing, for similar reasons.
Old Oct 29th 2012, 12:56 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
This is is very genuine. Thanks for the advice.

Originally Posted by Aviator

Maybe talk to old bill?
Neighbors called the old bill round to mine one night cause she was flipping out. I warned her that the neighbors will call the police round but she said i was talking shit as it doesn't happen in Vancouver

Originally Posted by siouxie
He can request to use the court address, a friends' address or a divorce companies address for the court documentation. There is no need to reveal his home address. I have had to do the same thing, for similar reasons.
^^Thanks for this. I'll be using my cousins address in ....... then.

Last edited by stuckinamess; Oct 29th 2012 at 1:10 am.
Old Oct 29th 2012, 1:07 am
BE Enthusiast

I'll be using my cousins address in xxxx (location deleted) then.
Might want to keep that to yourself, eh?

Last edited by AdrianR; Oct 29th 2012 at 2:34 am.
Old Oct 29th 2012, 1:10 am
Just Joined

Thanks
Old Oct 29th 2012, 3:57 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

lol I thought that too
Old Oct 29th 2012, 11:54 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by siouxie
Do you know how much a divorce would cost over there? A grand or maybe 2?
Old Oct 29th 2012, 12:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Do you know how much a divorce would cost over there? A grand or maybe 2?
Depending on your situation a hitman might work out cheaper
Here are some basics of getting a divorce over here. There are some DIY divorce kits that are reasonably cheap. Maybe one of our friendly lawyers might give you a better idea and advice.
http://www.cba.org/bc/public_media/family/120.aspx
Old Oct 29th 2012, 12:33 pm
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

In all the time you knew each other, before you were married, she never flipped like this? Once? Weird

I'm all for the others suggesting that you head across country and divorce from afar. Just be sure to keep your actual address secret! Sounds like you married a total nut job of a complete family there, not just one woman that has flipped!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.