medicals to PPR - how long?

Old Jan 12th 2006, 10:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

snowqueen is a glorious beacon of lightsnowqueen is a glorious beacon of lightsnowqueen is a glorious beacon of lightsnowqueen is a glorious beacon of lightsnowqueen is a glorious beacon of lightsnowqueen is a glorious beacon of lightsnowqueen is a glorious beacon of lightsnowqueen is a glorious beacon of lightsnowqueen is a glorious beacon of lightsnowqueen is a glorious beacon of lightsnowqueen is a glorious beacon of light
Default medicals to PPR - how long?

I know this has probaly been asked a thousand times before, but I need as up to date info as I can muster..... What is the CURRENT received wisdom on time before you get your PPR (and visas returned)? I seem to remember being told it's '2-3 months', but is that accurate? I know some people with Sep meds waited AGES in 05. Does anyone think it will be quicker now that we have a new year and new quota?

We are trying to plan our landing trip in April/May. We are sending off all our extra stuff tomorrow and the medicals stuff from the doc should be going around the same time. I have calculated that 12 weeks will take me to week beginning 10 April, but am afraid to book anything till May as I don't want to get caught short as it were. Then again, I don't want to be sitting at home with stamped passport waiting to go!

We are beginning to think we should swallow the extra cost of booking nearer the time, when we actually get our PPR. What have others done? Would appreciate any thoughts.

Thanks
Snowqueen
Old Jan 12th 2006, 11:45 pm
Forum Regular

Tinpusher is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: medicals to PPR - how long?

We did our Medicals in early Nov 05 and still nothing. It seems to take over a week for post from the UK to reach us though. I'll try and post when we get PPR.
Old Jan 13th 2006, 6:52 am
Forum Regular

simon_healy is an unknown quantity at this point

We did our meds on Oct 6th and haven't heard a single thing! Sent a mail to the embassy seeing if they had received everything, gotreply, all seems to be there just a case of getting to process meds and AI.

I think we should hear something around this time as it over 3 months since we completed these, although there seems to be a few people who did there meds in Sept. that haven't received their PPR's yet.

Hope we all hear something soon - this waiting game is not good for the nerves!
Old Jan 19th 2006, 4:58 pm
Forum Regular

stainedglasslady is on a distinguished road

Hi, don't mind if I join in, do you ? AOR March 9th 2004, meds 1st September, and still nothing ! What's going on ? Still in the Christmas spirit ? Getting very worried here ! Perhaps there is a shortage of brown envelopes

Originally Posted by snowqueen
I know this has probaly been asked a thousand times before, but I need as up to date info as I can muster..... What is the CURRENT received wisdom on time before you get your PPR (and visas returned)? I seem to remember being told it's '2-3 months', but is that accurate? I know some people with Sep meds waited AGES in 05. Does anyone think it will be quicker now that we have a new year and new quota?

We are trying to plan our landing trip in April/May. We are sending off all our extra stuff tomorrow and the medicals stuff from the doc should be going around the same time. I have calculated that 12 weeks will take me to week beginning 10 April, but am afraid to book anything till May as I don't want to get caught short as it were. Then again, I don't want to be sitting at home with stamped passport waiting to go!

We are beginning to think we should swallow the extra cost of booking nearer the time, when we actually get our PPR. What have others done? Would appreciate any thoughts.

Thanks
Snowqueen
Old Jan 20th 2006, 10:54 am
Forum Regular

chrisfearon will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by stainedglasslady
Hi, don't mind if I join in, do you ? AOR March 9th 2004, meds 1st September, and still nothing ! What's going on ? Still in the Christmas spirit ? Getting very worried here ! Perhaps there is a shortage of brown envelopes
well i dont mind coughing up 130,000 brown envelopes if it helps me hear something.
Old Jan 20th 2006, 1:48 pm
ABW
No driving taxi as 11/06

ABW is on a distinguished road
Question Re: medicals to PPR - how long?

Before I ask this mundane question:
I am aware that “each case is unique and is being processed at it's own pace”.
There is a huge delay in RPC Buffalo due to settlement cases.
I am a US citizen.
I am applying PR for myself (no dependant, no spouse, etc.).
My reason asking: Need to know when approximately to sell my house.

How long does it take TYPICALLY from medical to PPR nowadays with Buffalo RPC?
(Assuming RCMP forwards my security clearance to Buffalo, medical results are good to go and nothing bleeps on CSIS security check).

Thank You