Wikiposts

Medicals - overweight?

Old Feb 9th 2006, 8:25 am
Forum Regular

pusky123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Medicals - overweight?

Hi,

Can anyone help?

My wife is overweight and would be classified as obese.

Would this prevent us from getting a visa?

Thankyou
Old Feb 9th 2006, 8:50 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medicals - overweight?

Originally Posted by pusky123
Hi,

Can anyone help?

Thankyou
Nope (unless shes derigable sized?)

Have you seen the size of the average North American? If anything I think they should prevent skinny people coming so we dont feel so bad
Old Feb 9th 2006, 9:12 am
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Can anyone help?

Thankyou
does it affect her general health?
If not then it wouldnt prevent your visa at all.
Old Feb 9th 2006, 7:53 pm
Pinko lentil-hugger

Hipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to all

How long have you got until your medicals? Couldn't she lose quite a bit of weight?
Old Feb 9th 2006, 10:36 pm
Forum Regular

stubby1974 has a spectacular aura aboutstubby1974 has a spectacular aura aboutstubby1974 has a spectacular aura about

depends how obese .... my friend moved last year and was classed as BMI of 37 (whihc is 16 stone on a 5ft 2 frame) but the doctor doing the medical said she was in perfect health and never mentioned it BUT said if she had diabetis or heart problems due to her weight then the weight would be an issue...
Old Feb 9th 2006, 10:44 pm
Curiously Wise

Jingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Can anyone help?

Thankyou
Hi! No as Butch said above so longer as it doesn't affect her general health it shouldn't be a problem. We had our medicals in January and to be honest the questions were more about how much you drink and smoke rather than eat!!

Best of luck! J
Old Feb 9th 2006, 11:00 pm
Pinko lentil-hugger

Hipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to all

Have you noticed how frighteningly little you have to drink to be classed as having a problem with alcohol? For women it was about 7 units a week, I think, and over that they seemed to class as an alcoholic. I am going to have to lie through my teeth!

(The point of this tangent is that I don't remember the physicians' notes (somebody linked to them a while ago) being concerned with weight, but they really, really were with alcohol!)
Old Feb 9th 2006, 11:07 pm
Curiously Wise

Jingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hipster Contrarian
I am going to have to lie through my teeth!

(The point of this tangent is that I don't remember the physicians' notes (somebody linked to them a while ago) being concerned with weight, but they really, really were with alcohol!)
LOL - that's right .....!! Not sure how they would check anyway unless they have a hotline to your recycling binmen!!!

J
Old Feb 9th 2006, 11:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

britishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hipster Contrarian
Have you noticed how frighteningly little you have to drink to be classed as having a problem with alcohol? For women it was about 7 units a week, I think, and over that they seemed to class as an alcoholic. I am going to have to lie through my teeth!

My doctor was the same way and i barely drink ANYTHING like maybe one drink a month but they really questioned me on it. As for the weight when the medical was done the doctor said that i was in perfect health but advised me on a personal level to lose some wieght, but i dont think its a problem unless it affects her daily life.
Old Feb 10th 2006, 12:52 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jenwren
the questions were more about how much you drink and smoke rather than eat!!
Thats because to qualify as a real canadian you have to drink and smoke more than can be classed healthy I think! Based on the canadians I work with anyway
Old Feb 10th 2006, 3:32 am
Curiously Wise

Originally Posted by iaink
Thats because to qualify as a real canadian you have to drink and smoke more than can be classed healthy I think! Based on the canadians I work with anyway
Whew that's a relief (well the drinking part anyway!) - I can now stop my midnight visits to my neighbour's recycling bin and start disposing of my own empties with no fears !!

J