Wikiposts

Medicals - Ottawa

Old Mar 11th 2009, 1:18 pm

ireland2canada is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Medicals - Ottawa

Evening all.

I am having a panic and hope someone can put my mind at rest. I had my medical here in Toronto on Feb 10 and understood that the reports were to be sent to the medical unit in Ottawa. The doctors office supplied me with a tracking number for Canada Post which I have been checking since then.

I just checked it there now and Canada Post tells me the package was delivered to Bethany, Ontario. So I google Bethany, Ontario and discover it's a place between Belleville and Kingston. I'm sure it's a lovely place and all, but it does not appear to be the medical unit in Ottawa! Should my medical report be in Bethany? What is it doing there and should I continue to be worried or chill out?! I am on tenderhooks enough as it is without this added concern......can anyone shed any light please?
Old Mar 11th 2009, 1:35 pm
Forum Regular

igower is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Medicals - Ottawa

Does seem strange, the address I have is 219 Laurier Avenue West, Ottawa ON K1A 1L1 Facsimile 613-941-5043
Why dont you fax them to confirm receipt?

This was the address from our medical follow up letter
Old Mar 11th 2009, 2:02 pm

ireland2canada is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you very much for the fax number, I'm going to send them a fax and hope this is normal. It has been a month since the meds so I trusted the report would at least be in the right place by now.

Now I'm thinking what if they send the 'bad' medical reports to this Bethany place...the ones were the person has some horrendous disease...or are being rejected by CIC.

Thanks again.
(We need a super-paranoid-stressed-out smilie)
Old Mar 11th 2009, 2:50 pm
Forum Regular

sprucemoose is on a distinguished road

Did you contact your DMP office to find out their side? That would be my first port of call.
Old Mar 11th 2009, 2:54 pm
Forum Regular

nuin has a spectacular aura aboutnuin has a spectacular aura aboutnuin has a spectacular aura about

Never trust Canada Post's tracking system. It's very unreliable, sometimes it says the package was delivered when it wasn't, and vice versa. Sometimesyour package gets delivered to the right place and it shows up on their system in another place (like yours). Your best guess would be to contact the DMP and Canada Post and check whatever happened to your medicals.

Who was the DMP you consulted with?

P
Old Mar 12th 2009, 2:17 am
BE Forum Addict

chumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond repute

good luck wth this let us know how you get on with ottowa

I know of someone who recently had results received in ottowa and the final result sent to london within 3 weeks so yours should certainly have been decided upon and emailed from ottowa to london by now

huge luck
Old Mar 12th 2009, 2:26 am
Forum Regular

nuin has a spectacular aura aboutnuin has a spectacular aura aboutnuin has a spectacular aura about

So Ottawa's medicals turnaround time is about 3 weeks?

Good to know.

P
Old Mar 12th 2009, 2:45 am
Forum Regular

I would be careful with saying 3 weeks, my son had his medical 18th Feb (this was a follow on medical), I spoke to Ottawa and they said they have a huge backlog. They suggested I courier the results to London and they were processed in 5 days!
Old Mar 12th 2009, 2:52 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for the info.

How did you contact them?
Old Mar 12th 2009, 4:24 am
BE Forum Addict

chumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by igower
I would be careful with saying 3 weeks, my son had his medical 18th Feb (this was a follow on medical), I spoke to Ottawa and they said they have a huge backlog. They suggested I courier the results to London and they were processed in 5 days!
so difficult knowing just what to beleive on the ottowa/london arguement

mind you I am quoting fact re a recent case of ottowa only taking just under 3 weeks

our dmp also told us that ottowa are far far quicker than london and this was last week

did your sons original result go to ottowa? just wondering as my husband has to have a second med first lot of reults have gone to ottowa can second med result go to london I wonder or does everything need to go to ottowa? he cant have his second med until may so would like to check out timings close to may?.
Old Mar 12th 2009, 4:29 am
BE Forum Addict

just a quote from ione of igower's postings below

I would definately sent them to Ottawa - if there are follow ups you can reply by email as well. Ours were processed in days rather than weeks

I acted on this when deciding between ottowa and london so as with all things to do with immigration things must change on a week to week basis re who is quickest
Old Mar 12th 2009, 4:30 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by chumley
so difficult knowing just what to beleive on the ottowa/london arguement

mind you I am quoting fact re a recent case of ottowa only taking just under 3 weeks

our dmp also told us that ottowa are far far quicker than london and this was last week
That's what ours told us too, that it wouldn't change much processing times (for us the other option would be to send to Trinidad and Tobago, applied via consulate in Brazil) and he mentioned that overseas applicants sometimes get forwarded faster by Ottawa.

P
Old Mar 12th 2009, 5:36 am
Forum Regular

The problem with timelines is that they change. In October, 4 of us had medicals and they were processed in Ottawa within days. My son, did not attend as his documents were destroyed. He then had his medical in Feb, they were going to Ottawa, but I contacted them to be told there was a backlog and as we were only waiting for this before our ppr, send them to London as it would be far quicker.
So, in a space of some 3 months, times had reversed! Sorry if this has confused the situation.
Old Mar 12th 2009, 5:39 am
Forum Regular

So, what is the method you used to contact Ottawa?

Thanks
P
Old Mar 12th 2009, 5:40 am
BE Forum Addict

The problem with timelines is that they change. In October, 4 of us had medicals and they were processed in Ottawa within days. My son, did not attend as his documents were destroyed. He then had his medical in Feb, they were going to Ottawa, but I contacted them to be told there was a backlog and as we were only waiting for this before our ppr, send them to London as it would be far quicker.
So, in a space of some 3 months, times had reversed! Sorry if this has confused the situation.

no problem things change so quickly quite understand also I expect it depends on who you speak to in Ottowa aswell

good luck all on this stressful to the stratosphere rollercoaster

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.