Wikiposts

Medicals now or later?

Old Apr 29th 2010, 12:58 am
Just Joined

gregse4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Medicals now or later?

Hi All,

I'm a canadian citizen who wants to take my British common law partner back to Canada with me.

We are about to send in all the apps however have some conflicting information with regards to medicals.

On the application form they are asking for proof of medical form (Appendix c) however when we went to book an appointment at numberone health, they said that we should apply first and then wait for a medical request.

Would appreciate some guidance on what to do.

As for proof of relationship. We've been together for 5+ years, joint bank accounts, joint household contents insurance, joint lease, photos from holidays & family photos. Is this enough?

Last edited by gregse4; Apr 29th 2010 at 2:55 am.
Old Apr 29th 2010, 7:20 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medicals now or later?

Yes - your partner should take the medical before the application is submitted to Mississauga and provide evidence therein.
Old Apr 29th 2010, 8:17 am
Just Joined

That's what I thought, but when I called them they said apply first. Will try again tomorrow!
Old Apr 29th 2010, 8:24 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

When you call you have to tell them all of the details such as the fact that you are going to sponsor you partner as your spouse. If you did and they told you that then some more training is needed there. Check out the CIC's website and especially the guide for sponsorship of spouses.
Old Apr 29th 2010, 10:10 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
When you call you have to tell them all of the details such as the fact that you are going to sponsor you partner as your spouse. If you did and they told you that then some more training is needed there. Check out the CIC's website and especially the guide for sponsorship of spouses.
No Go! They didn't want to take the booking. They said that they can't do it before I apply as when they send the Medicals to Embassy, they (the embassy)need to match them up with an application if not they throw them out? I still didn't believe her so I called the Knightsbridge practice and they booked it no problem.

I feel like complaining but that would be a waste of energy!
Old Apr 30th 2010, 12:50 am

Do complain as that sort of misinformation can cause real problems for others who assume that the DMPs must know what they are talking about.
Old Apr 30th 2010, 3:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Madwife has much to be proud ofMadwife has much to be proud ofMadwife has much to be proud ofMadwife has much to be proud ofMadwife has much to be proud ofMadwife has much to be proud ofMadwife has much to be proud ofMadwife has much to be proud ofMadwife has much to be proud ofMadwife has much to be proud ofMadwife has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by gregse4
No Go! They didn't want to take the booking. They said that they can't do it before I apply as when they send the Medicals to Embassy, they (the embassy)need to match them up with an application if not they throw them out? I still didn't believe her so I called the Knightsbridge practice and they booked it no problem.

I feel like complaining but that would be a waste of energy!
Isn't knightsbridge cheaper, all inclusive whereas the one in Harley st looks like xrays are extra and the courier fee!!!

Sarah x