Wikiposts

Medicals and how long

Old Aug 14th 2009, 12:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

bflava has a spectacular aura aboutbflava has a spectacular aura aboutbflava has a spectacular aura about
Default Medicals and how long

hi and good evening and morning all,

Can anyone give me an idea on How long it takes to know the results of medicals... ie get the infor back....
Old Aug 14th 2009, 10:44 pm
Forum Regular

eeynmre has a spectacular aura abouteeynmre has a spectacular aura abouteeynmre has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Medicals and how long

Originally Posted by bflava
hi and good evening and morning all,

Can anyone give me an idea on How long it takes to know the results of medicals... ie get the infor back....
Hi,

you don't get the results of the medicals directly, they're sent directly to the office that's handling your application.

Assuming that nothing is found on your medicals the next correspondence you should receive will be a request for your passports for the visas to be put into them, my request for passports came about 3 weeks after the date of the medical, and the passport was returned to me about 2 weeks after that.
Old Aug 15th 2009, 1:26 am
BE Enthusiast

ESarge is just really niceESarge is just really niceESarge is just really niceESarge is just really niceESarge is just really niceESarge is just really niceESarge is just really niceESarge is just really niceESarge is just really niceESarge is just really nice

However, if there were a medical problem then you doctor has an ethical duty to tell you.

So, you can assume that, allowing a week for tests to get back to your doctor, if you haven't heard anything then it should be okay.

Timelines for PPR vary widely based on which CIC office you're working through. 3 weeks would be amazing for Buffalo/Seattle where my app is!
Old Aug 15th 2009, 6:54 pm
Forum Regular

flower-power will become famous soon enoughflower-power will become famous soon enough

hi we had our medsthis week and the DMP told us we would receive our passport request within 7 weeks!!
heres counting
Old Aug 16th 2009, 2:47 am
BE Enthusiast

bflava has a spectacular aura aboutbflava has a spectacular aura aboutbflava has a spectacular aura about

Thanks everyone, well I have not done any or send any applications in yet. I will be sending everything in at once ie one time, Police, medicals and application hence stressing to know.

Now i am not sure. So you recommend i wait till about 3 weeks and check with where i did my medicals?????

I am just preparing my application for now???
Old Aug 16th 2009, 3:12 am
Forum Regular

eeynmre has a spectacular aura abouteeynmre has a spectacular aura abouteeynmre has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by bflava
Thanks everyone, well I have not done any or send any applications in yet. I will be sending everything in at once ie one time, Police, medicals and application hence stressing to know.

Now i am not sure. So you recommend i wait till about 3 weeks and check with where i did my medicals?????

I am just preparing my application for now???
I was under the impression that you could not do your medical until you were requested to do so, as the doctor has to fill out a form sent to you by the CIC that already has your personal details and photo attahced to it. Hence the application would have to go in first, then you get the medical request including personalised forms, then you get your medicals performed some time later.

In any case the visa will be valid from the date of the medical not the date you receive the visa, so if you have your medicals performed well in advance, your only cutting down the window of time available to you to relocate.

I may be worng and I'm certainly no expert on this but that was certainly the way my own PR application worked.
Old Aug 16th 2009, 3:46 am
Scottish Canuck

Cookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond repute

The CIC tell you when you to proceed with your medicals. They also send you the relevant forms to take along with you (also need to reference your file number)
Old Aug 16th 2009, 3:50 am
BE Enthusiast

ESarge is just really niceESarge is just really niceESarge is just really niceESarge is just really niceESarge is just really niceESarge is just really niceESarge is just really niceESarge is just really niceESarge is just really niceESarge is just really nice

eeynmre is correct for skilled worker applications. It can take quite a while for CIC to send med requests so they request that you don't do it until asked.

The exception is spousal sponsorship where everything is sent at once to speed the process up.
Old Aug 18th 2009, 6:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Mine is spousal application and i will be applying somewhere in october so i have gone ahead and done my police report and medicals. is this advisable?? i did it without my health card as i told the lady i am yet to send in my application, she said it is ok and have all the reciepts here with me.

So with spousal application is it advisable to get everything done and send it at once?????

thanks for all your input.... good luck too guys
Old Aug 18th 2009, 10:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Let me quote myself:
The exception is spousal sponsorship where everything is sent at once to speed the process up.
Why are you waiting until October? The police reports need to be not more than 3 months old and the meds only last for 12 months.
Old Aug 18th 2009, 3:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

I think i am going to get my police report in around 1 st week in sept, I got posted from London today so ie they will get it Tomorrow or thursday and in 10 days time get it ready. so i am looking at 1st week in Oct to send it. Do you think it will be late for that time???????