Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Medicals done and not great results

Medicals done and not great results

Old Apr 12th 2010, 7:50 am
Forum Regular

Lindita will become famous soon enough
Default Medicals done and not great results

Hello,

We had our medicals done the 28th of march, and the results were not what we were expecting...
I was asked by the DMP to have an extra xray because they found a 3 mm calcification in my left lung and they wanted to send a clear front and back view to the CHC, according to the DMP should not be anything to worry about, and according to her it might be from a pneumonia I maybe had, but said that hopefully should be nothing to worry, ah, and I also had my blood pressure a bit low

Anyway, just waiting for the next step from the CHC and hopefully we wont have to do extra tests etc., I read some older posts that are related and just wondering if anyone had any experience or words that can share...

In the meantime, I will be booking an appointment with the GP to comment what we found...

Anyway...nobody said it was easy...
Old Apr 12th 2010, 7:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Near Colchester, Essex hoping to go to Port Moody, BC
singingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Medicals done and not great results

Haven't been through this myself, but just wanted to send you a hug and say that most of the cases of x-rays being flagged up that I have read about on here have been resolved successfully.
Old Apr 12th 2010, 7:59 am
BE Forum Addict

lins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
If the DMP said that it was nothing to worry about, then I would try to put it to the back of your mind for now. If the CHC doctors think you need more tests, they will ask for them. I would see your GP about your low blood pressure though.
Stef

Originally Posted by Lindita
Hello,

We had our medicals done the 28th of march, and the results were not what we were expecting...
I was asked by the DMP to have an extra xray because they found a 3 mm calcification in my left lung and they wanted to send a clear front and back view to the CHC, according to the DMP should not be anything to worry about, and according to her it might be from a pneumonia I maybe had, but said that hopefully should be nothing to worry, ah, and I also had my blood pressure a bit low

Anyway, just waiting for the next step from the CHC and hopefully we wont have to do extra tests etc., I read some older posts that are related and just wondering if anyone had any experience or words that can share...

In the meantime, I will be booking an appointment with the GP to comment what we found...

Old Apr 12th 2010, 9:14 am
BE Enthusiast

englishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of light

Please try not to worry I had to have extra tests last year as the DMP flagged something up on my medicals. I like you had to have additional tests. It is frustrating because you think the worst case scenario. Like you my DMP said it is nothing to worry about. However it does not stop you feeling that you are the mercy of the DMP who provides the reports and medical opinions to London. One thing that my DMP told me was that all cases where additional checks, are requested are sent back to canada for a senior medical officer to check. The DMP told me once they approved the medicals, 99.9% cases are approved and go on to become approved applicants. During the time you are going through this process, there are many people on here that will help you get through this difficult time.

Wishing you the best of luck.
Old Apr 12th 2010, 12:53 pm
Forum Regular

joepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Re: Medicals done and not great results

Hello,

I had a bad chest infection a few years back and a CT scan showed similar results to your x-ray. 18-months later I had a follow up CT scan and the consultant was satisifed that nothing had changed and gave me a clean bill of health.

I went to the DMP medical armed with this evidence and although she was quite happy (and my x-ray was clear), CiC seemed to take no notice of the reports. 6-weeks after my medical they sent me a letter saying I had to have sputum tests for TB (takes 6 - 8 weeks) and another x-ray. The DMP was furious; she rang them up and sent through my follow up CT report last week as evidence. I've still not heard anything back so I've bit the bullet and done the sputum tests.

When it comes to medicals, CiC seem to have their own agenda to err on the side of caution, so I wouldn't be surprised if you get a similar letter too.
Old Apr 12th 2010, 3:49 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

I had a similar result from my xray - a calicified nodule (very small). I was required to undertake TB testing and to see a TB consultant. She assured me she was just going through the motions as she knew I didn't have TB but that she was required to by Immigration.

Whilst it caused a delay (and expense) I was cleared for medical and it didn't even show on my next xray (3 months later.. sigh, I wish they had asked for a new one to be done straight away!)

Even in a worse case scenario (i.e. you tested positive for inactive TB) it doesn't mean your application will be refused. You will just need to have medical surveillance for a while.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english//resour...r/ir03-eng.pdf (appendix A)
Old Apr 13th 2010, 5:24 am
Just Joined

Cayou is an unknown quantity at this point

Hang in there Lindita! Will pray for you!
Old Apr 13th 2010, 7:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Hello,

Hope all turns out well for you, there have been lots of posts like this where its turned out to be nothing, keep us informed when you can and if you need support we are always here for that
Old Apr 15th 2010, 12:04 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you all for your messages...
Is very stressing the waiting game, and I know you all share the same feeling but to add even more stress having medical issues is just unbearable...

We are having high hopes and we'll see what happen, if they require more tests well we will just have to comply and hope for the best...

In a second question, does my status on Ecas will be updated once they receive my medicals?

Thank you all and I'll update once I hear from Immigration Canada.

Have a nice day!
Old Apr 15th 2010, 1:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Near Colchester, Essex hoping to go to Port Moody, BC
singingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to behold

In a second question, does my status on Ecas will be updated once they receive my medicals?

Have a nice day!
Our ECAS status went from 'in process' to 'decision made' a week after they received our passports. Not sure if that is an 'old queue' thing though.
Old Apr 15th 2010, 5:38 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Thank you all for your messages...
Is very stressing the waiting game, and I know you all share the same feeling but to add even more stress having medical issues is just unbearable...

We are having high hopes and we'll see what happen, if they require more tests well we will just have to comply and hope for the best...

Have a nice day!
Yes, it will say medical results received.
Old Apr 16th 2010, 8:46 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

Yes, it will say medical results received.
Thanks for that PMM.
Old Apr 16th 2010, 12:54 pm
G77
BE Forum Addict

G77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond repute

Not always though - I emailed CHC and they said they have our medical results, but our ECAS status has never been updated to say this....