medicals- confusion

Old Jul 5th 2009, 11:32 pm
Forum Regular

markan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nice
Default medicals- confusion

Hi, anybody enlighten me as to who needs a medical in my PR application.
I have 1 dependent son with me in Canada aged 19, I son in UK (not dependent ) aged 23, and 1 daughter in UK (not dependent) aged 24.
Only the 19 year old is on my application for PR.
THanks Mark
Old Jul 6th 2009, 7:16 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: medicals- confusion

Originally Posted by markan
Hi, anybody enlighten me as to who needs a medical in my PR application.
I have 1 dependent son with me in Canada aged 19, I son in UK (not dependent ) aged 23, and 1 daughter in UK (not dependent) aged 24.
Only the 19 year old is on my application for PR.
THanks Mark
I think they all do, unless you are prepared to sign a declaration stating that you are prepared to never sponsor the older children and waive all rights to do so in the future.

But hopefully an expert will be along to give you a definitive answer shortly.

Old Jul 6th 2009, 11:47 am
Keep Calm & Carry On

broonn will become famous soon enoughbroonn will become famous soon enough

You and all your family members who are not already Canadian citizens or permanent residents must fill
out Appendix C and undergo and pass a medical examination, whether they will be joining you in Canada
or not
. Make enough photocopies of this page for your needs before you start filling the boxes.
For complete instructions about your medical examination and how to find a Designated Medical
Practitioner (DMP), read the Medical Instructions section in IMM 3999, Part 2: The Immigrant's Guide.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3901e.pdf

Last edited by broonn; Jul 6th 2009 at 12:46 pm.
Old Jul 6th 2009, 11:51 am
BE Forum Addict

pennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

its been a few years since I filled in the forms but I wouldn't think that the older two would need a medical.
They are two old to be on the application and you cannot sponser a son or daughter at a later time anyway. After 22 they have to apply in their own right.

The only time it is different is if the child is under 22 years old and not accompanying you (maybe staying with natural parent as in the case of divorce). Then if anything happens to the parent in the UK your child has already undergone a medical and could join you in Canada.
Old Jul 6th 2009, 5:14 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by pennyhp
Hi

its been a few years since I filled in the forms but I wouldn't think that the older two would need a medical.
They are two old to be on the application and you cannot sponser a son or daughter at a later time anyway. After 22 they have to apply in their own right.

The only time it is different is if the child is under 22 years old and not accompanying you (maybe staying with natural parent as in the case of divorce). Then if anything happens to the parent in the UK your child has already undergone a medical and could join you in Canada.
Correct the oldest 2 are not dependents (unless since before the age of 22 have been a continuous student) therefor don't require medicals. They would only be listed on the IMM 5406.
Old Jul 6th 2009, 11:06 pm
Forum Regular

markan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nice

Thanks for replies, one small problem out of the way then.