Wikiposts

Medicals arrived today

Old May 29th 2007, 4:14 am
Forum Regular

Kev Davidson has a brilliant futureKev Davidson has a brilliant futureKev Davidson has a brilliant futureKev Davidson has a brilliant futureKev Davidson has a brilliant futureKev Davidson has a brilliant future
Default Medicals arrived today

Well just got in from work and their under the dog was the brown envelope!! Yippee we are on our way (we almost). Has anybody had medicals at the Handsworth Wood (Birmingham) center? If so what are the prices like and how did you find the service? Best we dont go too see them tomorrow as we may have some blood in our alcohol system!!!!!

Sorry about the grammar, but my fingers wont work!!!

Off to the boozer
The Davidsons
Old May 29th 2007, 4:18 am
BE Enthusiast

cneldred will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Medicals arrived today

kev what is your timeline??

Thanks

Chris
Old May 29th 2007, 6:46 am
throw caution to the wind

louise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kev Davidson
Well just got in from work and their under the dog was the brown envelope!! Yippee we are on our way (we almost). Has anybody had medicals at the Handsworth Wood (Birmingham) center? If so what are the prices like and how did you find the service? Best we dont go too see them tomorrow as we may have some blood in our alcohol system!!!!!

Off to the boozer
The Davidsons
Congratulations - nearly there now!
Old May 29th 2007, 8:34 am
Forum Regular

pixieelvis is an unknown quantity at this point

Off to the boozer
The Davidsons
Congrats, please share your timeline
Old May 29th 2007, 8:43 am
Forum Regular

Chancey is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Medicals arrived today

Congratulations, we have got our medicals on the 3rd July at Selly Park, I could not get any answer to my phone calls at Handsworth. The medicals are 60.00 for children and 120.00 for adults. You have to have seperate x-rays these are 40.00 all over the age of 11 have to have these and anyone over 15 have blood tests at 20.00

We received our letters last Monday so you are not far behind us, its taken us 32 months so far. What area do you live in

Thanks Annette and Pete
Old May 29th 2007, 8:52 am
BE Enthusiast

cneldred will become famous soon enough

Chancey so does that mean my 2 yr old and 7 year old have neither the xray or blood tests? I hope so, the wife wasn't happy about the kids going through too much.
Old May 29th 2007, 9:17 am
Forum Regular

Chancey is an unknown quantity at this point

When I contacted the medical staff, they advised me that the children have to be over 11yrs for an x-ray and over 15 for a blood test. My children are 9yrs, 12yrs and 13yrs.

Its quite expensive but well worth it when you think of the end result.

We are really excited, my 13yr old son reads these pages every day, hoping to find out more... its a whole new world (sorry to sound corny)

Old May 29th 2007, 9:31 am

Member123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations and glad the "dog" didnt eat the brown envelope

Off to the boozer
The Davidsons
Old May 29th 2007, 10:32 am
Forum Regular

johners is just really nicejohners is just really nicejohners is just really nicejohners is just really nicejohners is just really nicejohners is just really nicejohners is just really nicejohners is just really nice

Originally Posted by Chancey
The medicals are 60.00 for children and 120.00 for adults.

Looks like I got ripped doing medical in Bristol £216 for the medical (one adult) and £40 for the x-ray!
Old May 29th 2007, 10:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

simon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud of

Great news Kev!

We haven't got a dog and the cat passed away two years ago. Perhaps I should check under our Guiniea Pig!

Seriously, well done and good luck with the Meds!

Simon & Laura
Old May 30th 2007, 12:52 am
BE Enthusiast

thundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nice

Originally Posted by johners

Looks like I got ripped doing medical in Bristol £216 for the medical (one adult) and £40 for the x-ray!

similar (and upwards) prices round here too!!

simon - have you checked out any of the "local" dmps yet? apparently the one in northampton wanted (from memory) £180 for the meds and £90 for x-rays!!
Old May 30th 2007, 1:12 am
BE Forum Addict

simon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by thundercat600
similar (and upwards) prices round here too!!

simon - have you checked out any of the "local" dmps yet? apparently the one in northampton wanted (from memory) £180 for the meds and £90 for x-rays!!
Yep.

We had a quick trawl round the other day - amazing what tricks the mind will play when you're waiting, eh?

As at 20th April.

We checked the following for 2 adults (x-rays and blood), 1 x 17-yr old (x-rays and blood), and 1 x 13-yr old (x-rays but no blood works)

Northampton - had a 4 week waiting list. £180 per adult (3), £120 per child (1), £225 for X-rays. Total £885.

Oxford - delay was about 2 weeks. Every Tuesday between 2pm and 4pm. Everything done on-site. £232.40 per adult (3), £133 per child (1). Total £830

Harley Street, London - could almost do 'next-day' appointments. Meds on one site, x-rays same day, just around the corner. Price included Courier results to CHC. £190 per adult (3), £140 per child (1), £40 each for X-rays (separate venue in Harley St. but bookable for the same date), £10 Courier direct to CHC. Total £910.

I guess it's down to timing, personal choice, etc.

All in all, we figured that if time was of the essence, we'd go for London. After all, a cheap day return (on the family railcard) would only add about £35 to the bill.

Quite a sensible reply for me, eh?

Simon
Old May 30th 2007, 1:20 am
BE Enthusiast

thundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nice

very sensible!!

I got OH to ring round for prices a week or so ago, I think cambridge came out the least expensive, but he didn't (because i didn't tell him too!!!) ask about waiting-times for appointments!
he'll be giving them all another call this week to try and book up before we go away mid-june
Old May 30th 2007, 3:24 am
Forum Regular

katherine is an unknown quantity at this point

Off to the boozer
The Davidsons
Congratulations Kev,we had ours done at the priory, they were very good and sellyoak. Would recommend them they were good with the children to Good luck.
Katherine.
Old May 30th 2007, 3:36 am
BE Enthusiast

NovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really nice

Off to the boozer
The Davidsons

Many Congratulations!

Is it an old dog - did the envelope start out white! Sorry - that's the mentality on this site for you.

Not long now, just a bit more waiting to do!

Hope the celebrations went well and all the best for the future!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.