Medicals

Old Jan 24th 2006, 3:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

jossie has a reputation beyond reputejossie has a reputation beyond reputejossie has a reputation beyond reputejossie has a reputation beyond reputejossie has a reputation beyond reputejossie has a reputation beyond reputejossie has a reputation beyond reputejossie has a reputation beyond reputejossie has a reputation beyond reputejossie has a reputation beyond reputejossie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Medicals

Hi Everyone

Had medicals yesterday, not as bad as I thought (reassurance for anyone anxious about having theirs) It was a quite thorough examination and fingers crossed everything went OK.
The medicals and xrays came to about £780 for a family of 5 (only 3 having xrays).
I'm just wondering if anyone has any idea of how long we will have to wait for a final decision?
Is there anyone out there at the same stage??
Although busy preparing to put house on the market, can anyone offer any other advice at what we could be doing at this stage.
Old Jan 24th 2006, 4:02 pm
Curiously Wise

Jingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medicals

Originally Posted by jossie
Hi Everyone

Had medicals yesterday, not as bad as I thought (reassurance for anyone anxious about having theirs) It was a quite thorough examination and fingers crossed everything went OK.
The medicals and xrays came to about £780 for a family of 5 (only 3 having xrays).
I'm just wondering if anyone has any idea of how long we will have to wait for a final decision?
Is there anyone out there at the same stage??
Although busy preparing to put house on the market, can anyone offer any other advice at what we could be doing at this stage.
Hi Jossie - we had our meds on 11 January 2006 and expecting to hear something (hopefully passport requests) within about three months.

We have also just put our house on the market .... decluttered .... merged pensions .... renewed our passports .... got credit checks from Experion, etc ... spoken to bank about keeping a UK bank account to access from Canada .... closed little savings accounts, which we had almost forgotten about .... decluttered again ..... got all our P60's together and all the other very important paperwork we need to keep .... spoken to insurance company about providing details of our no claims history ..... revamped our cv's into Canadian resumes ..... currently researching likely companies to work for in Calgary - bookmarking and scouring their websites, and printing off details of all the job opportunities that they are offering .... and keeping on with decluttering!! Also networking like mad with people that we have met on our previous trips to Calgary .... all that and the day job too !!

Hope all goes well for you and your family - where are you heading?

J
Old Jan 25th 2006, 9:43 am
BE Enthusiast

snowqueen is a glorious beacon of lightsnowqueen is a glorious beacon of lightsnowqueen is a glorious beacon of lightsnowqueen is a glorious beacon of lightsnowqueen is a glorious beacon of lightsnowqueen is a glorious beacon of lightsnowqueen is a glorious beacon of lightsnowqueen is a glorious beacon of lightsnowqueen is a glorious beacon of lightsnowqueen is a glorious beacon of lightsnowqueen is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Jenwren
Hi Jossie - we had our meds on 11 January 2006 and expecting to hear something (hopefully passport requests) within about three months.

We have also just put our house on the market .... decluttered .... merged pensions .... renewed our passports .... got credit checks from Experion, etc ... spoken to bank about keeping a UK bank account to access from Canada .... closed little savings accounts, which we had almost forgotten about .... decluttered again ..... got all our P60's together and all the other very important paperwork we need to keep .... spoken to insurance company about providing details of our no claims history ..... revamped our cv's into Canadian resumes ..... currently researching likely companies to work for in Calgary - bookmarking and scouring their websites, and printing off details of all the job opportunities that they are offering .... and keeping on with decluttering!! Also networking like mad with people that we have met on our previous trips to Calgary .... all that and the day job too !!

J
Thanks jenwren for giving me a list of all the things I still need to do!

We still haven't decided whether to sell or rent the house! Maybe I'm being pessimistic, but looking at the posts on here and other places, I am thinking it's going to be at LEAST 4 months till we get PPR. Some people with Sep/Oct meds still haven't heard, so I guess we're at the back of the queue.

We can only hope that now that there is a new year, with new targets, there will hopefully be lots of new visas to issue!!

Snowqueen (Meds 5/1/06)
Old Jan 25th 2006, 11:10 am
Curiously Wise

Jingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snowqueen
Thanks jenwren for giving me a list of all the things I still need to do!

We still haven't decided whether to sell or rent the house! Maybe I'm being pessimistic, but looking at the posts on here and other places, I am thinking it's going to be at LEAST 4 months till we get PPR. Some people with Sep/Oct meds still haven't heard, so I guess we're at the back of the queue.

We can only hope that now that there is a new year, with new targets, there will hopefully be lots of new visas to issue!!

Snowqueen (Meds 5/1/06)
Glad to help Snowqueen .....

I've still got my eye on your timeline!!

J