medicals

Old Oct 17th 2005, 10:31 am
Forum Regular

Location: lived in southampton, but now live in Milton Ontario.
peterroulston has a spectacular aura aboutpeterroulston has a spectacular aura aboutpeterroulston has a spectacular aura about
Default medicals

Hi all
what is involved with the PR medical ? is it like a normal one you might get when you get a new job, or is it abit more involved ?

cheers

Peter Roulston.
Old Oct 17th 2005, 10:47 am
Class 1 Driver and Nurse

andy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: medicals

Originally Posted by peterroulston
Hi all
what is involved with the PR medical ? is it like a normal one you might get when you get a new job, or is it abit more involved ?

cheers

Peter Roulston.
Hi Peter, It's pretty much the same as when you have a medical for a job, i bit more in depth but not much. You have blood tests, chest x-rays and loads of questions but nothing much to worry about unless you have a major long term illness.
I had a far more rigourous medical when i went for my HGV.
Good luck
Andy

Last edited by andy_sheila; Oct 17th 2005 at 10:51 am.
Old Oct 17th 2005, 10:52 am
Just Joined

JamesK is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

They measure height and weight, test blood and urine samples, and take a chest x-ray. The doctor has a list of yes/no questions regarding your medical history, checks your blood pressure, listens to your chest, checks your reflexes and prods your tummy.

From what I can gather, they are mainly interested in whether you have any infectious diseases you might give to other people, or a long term illness that is going to be expensive to treat (needing a kidney transplant was one example the doctor gave).

Hope this helps,
James.
Old Oct 17th 2005, 3:35 pm
Forum Regular

Simon and Susanne will become famous soon enoughSimon and Susanne will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by peterroulston
Hi all

cheers

Peter Roulston.
Hello Peter,

Have you been told yet how much they are? I was just wondering, someone said they were £200 per adult and £100 per child can you confirm or correct this? If it's true I think I am in the wrong job!

Cheers

Simon
Old Oct 17th 2005, 3:43 pm
Just Joined

I think it varies depending on where you go. Ours were in Croyden, and it came to just under £500 for two adults and two children.

Cheers,
James.
Old Oct 17th 2005, 4:18 pm
Forum Regular

Simon and Susanne will become famous soon enoughSimon and Susanne will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by JamesK
I think it varies depending on where you go. Ours were in Croyden, and it came to just under £500 for two adults and two children.

Cheers,
James.
Cheers James,
I suppose it's something else I'll have to start a jar for, still I think of the greater good, it's just at the begining it is just cost, cost, cost but at least when it is over there is something very worth while to enjoy for the rest of our lives, Reap what you sow I'll have a money tree
Old Oct 17th 2005, 4:38 pm
Just Joined

Yes, the costs certainly mount up, and up, and up. I'm not sure how some people actually manage to give up and go back to the UK - I'm pretty sure I won't be able to afford to! Scary costs so far: international removals and the quote for transporting the dog with a pet travel company. The removals I can't do much about, but the dog will be travelling with me

All the best,
James.
Old Oct 17th 2005, 5:04 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JamesK
Yes, the costs certainly mount up, and up, and up... Scary costs so far: international removals...

All the best,
James.

I know what you mean we are only at the estimate stage so far but PSS think it will be about £3800- £4000 for the full packing and door to door service on a three bed house, but then its about £900 for the insurance, but we think this is a very good price or I have a lot to learn.

Simon