Medical trauma

Old Sep 20th 2007, 2:02 pm
Forum Regular

Polar Bear will become famous soon enough
Default Medical trauma

Hi guy's
Please can somebody cast some light on the medical process? this is our next step and although we don't appear to be sick (in body not mind) we are worried about falling at this hurdle. Can anybody talk us through and maybe put our minds at rest?
Old Sep 20th 2007, 2:39 pm
Forum Regular

MapleDragon is just really niceMapleDragon is just really niceMapleDragon is just really niceMapleDragon is just really niceMapleDragon is just really niceMapleDragon is just really niceMapleDragon is just really niceMapleDragon is just really niceMapleDragon is just really niceMapleDragon is just really niceMapleDragon is just really nice
Default Re: Medical trauma

Most importantly don't stress!

Its just as simple as going for your yearly check up at the docs. You can even look at it this way. If there is some underlying problem. At least you'll know!

Try to go in to the docs office in a calm state. High blood pressure will pull up some red flags. And more often than not it'd be a case of the 'white coat syndrome'.

When I went for my medical, I had a breast exam, I had heard that the men get checked in certain areas. ( although not everyone gets it done) I was a bit supprised when I was told that I was going to be checked but it was no big issue.

You'll be asked to pee in a cup, make sure you don't 'go' before you get to the building- very hard to pee when there's nothing to pee and knowing that everyones waiting for you! haha

The blood tests are quick. I believe the kids (depending on their age) don't need to get these taken.

Chest X Rays are a wizz.

Good Luck- You will be fine.
Old Sep 20th 2007, 2:49 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MapleDragon
Most importantly don't stress!

Its just as simple as going for your yearly check up at the docs. You can even look at it this way. If there is some underlying problem. At least you'll know!

Try to go in to the docs office in a calm state. High blood pressure will pull up some red flags. And more often than not it'd be a case of the 'white coat syndrome'.

When I went for my medical, I had a breast exam, I had heard that the men get checked in certain areas. ( although not everyone gets it done) I was a bit supprised when I was told that I was going to be checked but it was no big issue.

You'll be asked to pee in a cup, make sure you don't 'go' before you get to the building- very hard to pee when there's nothing to pee and knowing that everyones waiting for you! haha

The blood tests are quick. I believe the kids (depending on their age) don't need to get these taken.

Chest X Rays are a wizz.

Good Luck- You will be fine.
what does a red flag meen?

I don't get stressed by the guy's in white but do suffer with slightly high blood pressure... I can feel it climbing as I type!!
Old Sep 20th 2007, 4:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Polar Bear
what does a red flag meen?
It means something that might make the doctor ask for extra tests in case you have problems that haven't previously been noticed.

The medical is pretty basic and nothing much to be worried about; they're looking for serious problems that would spread disease in Canada or cause big medical bills. The handbook for the doctors doing the medical is online if you want to check the details of what kind of things they're looking for:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/EnGLIsh/resourc.../dmp-handbook/

P.S. The 'bend over and spread your cheeks' test is only for men of 50 or over .
Old Sep 20th 2007, 4:48 pm
throw caution to the wind

louise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MarkG
It means something that might make the doctor ask for extra tests in case you have problems that haven't previously been noticed.

The medical is pretty basic and nothing much to be worried about; they're looking for serious problems that would spread disease in Canada or cause big medical bills. The handbook for the doctors doing the medical is online if you want to check the details of what kind of things they're looking for:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/EnGLIsh/resourc.../dmp-handbook/

P.S. The 'bend over and spread your cheeks' test is only for men of 50 or over .
Prostate testing is done here for men aged 45 or over - mind you, hubby had his medical in Canada, maybe they don't do that in the UK!
Old Sep 20th 2007, 4:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute

I believe the DMP Handbook says 50, but perhaps they were just being thorough .
Old Sep 20th 2007, 4:56 pm

louise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MarkG
I believe the DMP Handbook says 50, but perhaps they were just being thorough .
Maybe he got a dodgy DMP who enjoys checking!! Mind you, its not the worst exam he's ever had - when he was diagnosed with cancer, the doc had to check his bladder and hubby had to be awake whilst they inserted a camera you know where!
Old Sep 20th 2007, 7:19 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by louise033
Maybe he got a dodgy DMP who enjoys checking!! Mind you, its not the worst exam he's ever had - when he was diagnosed with cancer, the doc had to check his bladder and hubby had to be awake whilst they inserted a camera you know where!
ok, I'm 37..so hopefully I will escape that one. You guy's have done a good job of putting my mind at rest.. thank you
Old Sep 20th 2007, 7:35 pm
Stooodent

Chippers is just really niceChippers is just really niceChippers is just really niceChippers is just really niceChippers is just really niceChippers is just really niceChippers is just really niceChippers is just really niceChippers is just really niceChippers is just really niceChippers is just really nice

Prostate testing is done here for men aged 45 or over - mind you, hubby had his medical in Canada, maybe they don't do that in the UK!
Er... Ok, that leaves me with 25 years to get into Canada then. Sod the prostate exam!
Old Sep 20th 2007, 7:37 pm

Originally Posted by Chippers
Er... Ok, that leaves me with 25 years to get into Canada then. Sod the prostate exam!
seems like you will be cutting it fine if you go the standard PR route!
Old Sep 20th 2007, 9:41 pm
Forum Regular

summer75 has a brilliant futuresummer75 has a brilliant futuresummer75 has a brilliant futuresummer75 has a brilliant futuresummer75 has a brilliant futuresummer75 has a brilliant future

I love it how almost everything on here is turned into a harmless joke! Serious stuff but it made me chuckle to myslef!
Old Sep 20th 2007, 10:00 pm
Stooodent

Chippers is just really niceChippers is just really niceChippers is just really niceChippers is just really niceChippers is just really niceChippers is just really niceChippers is just really niceChippers is just really niceChippers is just really niceChippers is just really niceChippers is just really nice

Yeah, no joke.

Imagine wating that long, and then being rewarded with a poke-about in your bum.

No thanks.
Old Sep 20th 2007, 11:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold

hi there

just some thoughts...

as to reading your post..whether it was in jest or not i am not sure..but if you find your blood pressure does go up when you are feeling anxious or stressed etc..i would suggest..having a realxing night before hand..and even maybe a professional aromatherapy massage if possible before you go to the medical. if you feel comfortable with that kind of thing.

this can have a good therapuetic effect on some people who have high blood pressure problems......or...go play a round of golf or whatever it is that relaxes you

and good luck!...
Old Sep 21st 2007, 6:43 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Maple Leaf
hi there

just some thoughts...

as to reading your post..whether it was in jest or not i am not sure..but if you find your blood pressure does go up when you are feeling anxious or stressed etc..i would suggest..having a realxing night before hand..and even maybe a professional aromatherapy massage if possible before you go to the medical. if you feel comfortable with that kind of thing.

this can have a good therapuetic effect on some people who have high blood pressure problems......or...go play a round of golf or whatever it is that relaxes you

and good luck!...
I wasn't joking... but thanks for the advice... I'm sure it'll be fine. glad about the internals not starting at my age.. I was 33 when I started all this!! who would of thought how many years pass while waiting
Old Sep 21st 2007, 4:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Polar Bear
I wasn't joking... but thanks for the advice... I'm sure it'll be fine. glad about the internals not starting at my age.. I was 33 when I started all this!! who would of thought how many years pass while waiting
i should mention just in case you do or anyone else reading this does ever go for an aromatherapy massage and has blood pressure issues high or low to mention it at the time of booking the massage... ..cheers!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.